Noob Question: 1 or 2 exercises per group? Not clear.

• Hi all,

I am new, and just hoping someone can clarify the weight training for me. Below says to perform two exercises for each muscle group, but then on the charts it says to select one exercise per group (ie one chest, one back, etc). 

So do we pick one to work on for the 5 sets, and then do the 5th set with the second exercise within the same group? For example, if I selected pull-ups for the back. I'd do 5 sets of those with increasing weight, and then select another exercise from same group (back extensions) for the very last set? Do I have it right?

Your insight is appreciated, thanks guys! :)

N1na

• Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.
    • Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.
  • You got it!! :)

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• That is what I do.

• You are spot-on... The key is strictly adhereing to the time-limit between sets.