Abdominal workouts

• I did my first lower body workout with abs. When I did my abs how if says in the book I never felt a burn. Has anyone else had this problem? 

• Great question.  I just completed my lbwo as well and I had minimal burn. My calves on the other hand are throbbing still. One legged calf raises are awesome!

• When I returned to BFL last spring, I did not feel the burn in my ab workouts until I started adding weight to my reps.

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Squid--How do you add weights to floor crunches? (im not being sarcastic--I honestly have no idea) Or are you referring to a different type of ab exercise? This is where I think my Total Gym will get some use! There are some great exercises on there and I can use my body weight for resistance. Do you think planks are a good exercise for this portion of the workout?

• You can add weight to your crunches by holding a weighted plate behind you're head. It adds good resistance to your crunches. Be sure to add a weight that does not make you sacrifice your form. You can do 5lbs, 10lbs, 25lbs, or try to hold two 10 pound plates behind your head.  

• Planks are good for working the core and it does work the abs...never hurts...so to speak...to add planks.  When I do weighted crunches I do it 2 ways.

1 - Ball Crunches with a dumbbell held straight out past my head so that I get a stretch in my abs when the weight is eased back and then crunch it up without bending your arms.  You will feel this one.

2 - you can use and EzBar or a dumbbell.  Hold the weight above your face and just crunch it up.  This will hurt a bit too.

For in & outs, use a light dumbbell and hold it between your feet and then pull your legs and upper body in towards each other then extend out.

For Russian Twist, grab a good weighted dumbbell and twist elbow to floor, elbow to floor.

For leg raises, hold a dumbbell with your feet and raise and lower them.

For hip risers, find a couple pair of ankle weights.

I hope these will help you :)

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• The only things I stick behind my head are a comb and my hands...lol.  Found out I work my abs harder when my arms are away from my head.

• Increase no of reps and try with holding weighted plate behind you're head. Don't stress to much on your back while doing these.