Intensity vs. Form

• Hey, I have been working on this program on my own for about 5 weeks now.  I have found that at higher intensity, my form starts to suffer.  Especially since I feel most comfortable with a consistent workout rather than changing the exercizes I do each week, I am worried that if my form is messed up I will be at risk for hurting myself.  I do NOT want to do that. But at the same time, when I quit at the point that my form starts to go, I feel like I am just not getting to what I would consider a 9-10 intensity.

Do I need to recalibrate my sense of intensity, or should I quit worrying about doing each exercise exactly right?  Or is there another solution?

• In my humble opinion as you get more comfortable/confident with the movement you will naturally increase your intensity.  Proper form is always the most important thing, but that shouldn't prevent you from really feeling your workout.  Stick with the same exercises for at least two weeks before changing to something else.

• Going to failure is in my honest opinion is a 10.  You should ALWAYS maintain proper form or you could risk getting hurt!!  So, if that means you cut it short..then so be it.  You can not go up in weight if you can not do the reps with proper form..

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Thanks you guys, I thought that was probably right, I just wasn't sure and didn't want to give myself excuses.