Started 4th rd 10-28-13

• Today was the start to my last week of my Bulk Phase.  This morning I did Bulk Chest and 170 weighted ab reps!!!  I did exactally what I said I would do.  I increased my super set of Fly's, and Presses up 5lbs. I tried...lol...to increase my force set up 10lbs..was good for 2 1/2 sets...lol.  Had to go back to 30lb dumbbells to finish.  I also increased my close grip press to fly's by 5lbs each set.  So, overall I had a great morning of lifting and ab workout.

What did you do today????

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• This morning was Bulk Legs and am I rubbery...lol.  I did the warm up and then hit pause and did my own thing for sometime.  Here is a summary of what it looked like:  

Started out with Leg Extensions for reps of 20, 15, 12, 8, 6, 12 and 12 with weights of 100, 120, 140, 160, 180, 140 and 100.

Leg Curls with weights of 40, 60, 70, 80, 110, 70 and 40.

Leg Press super set with Calf press.  Leg press had reps of 20, 20, 20, 16, 15, 18 and 20.  Calf press reps were 60, 50, 36, 32, 27, 40, 40 with the weights being 150, 200, 250, 280, 310, 250 and 200.

Then I moved onto the dvd portion of the exercises.  Front to back Lunges each leg with reps of 12, 10, 8 and weights of 10, 20, and 30lbs...any more and I would have touched the floor with my knee and never got up....lol.

I have no clue why I even did this, but I did a drop set of dumbbell squats...light weight...with pairs of 20's, 40's, 60's and dropped to 40's for reps of 15, 12, 8and 8.

Force set of Full to half Sumo Squats.  5 sets of 5 reps with 40lb dumbbell.

I did not do the split squats nor did I do the Alternating side squats....there sure are a LOT of squats here...lol.  

I did however do EzBar Stiff Leg Deadlift for 4 sets of 10 reps with 65lbs...need to go up in weight!

I did 4 Giant sets of single leg calf raises with seated calf raises followed by forwards and backwards spelling of the Beast Abs. For single calf raises I did 25lbs with reps of 40, 30, 30, and 30.  With seated calf raises, I did 80lbs with reps of 50, 50, 50, and kept going till no more of 65...whew!!!!

I can barely walk...lol  If I am not on with my report tomorrow:

Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• On this program, the last week of Bulk Phase has 2 days off.  So I took Christmas as my first rest day.  Finished the week out with Bulk Back, Bulk Arms and Bulk Shoulders.  So the nice thing is that I was able to workout without any distractions.  And had a GREAT CHRISTMAS!!!

This week started my Beast Phase.  Monday was Build Chest and Triceps.  I increased my bench press up 10lbs, and added in 5 more dips without stopping for a rest...lol.

Tues was a little under the weather so I did not do my Bulk Legs, which is always my favorite these days!!!

Today I did Build Back and Biceps.  I do need to increase my standing EzBar curls up 10lbs. Was a great morning to workout...everybody was out partying last night and was not home to bother me...lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

• Instead of trying to list everything I have done in the past week, I will just say this.  Yesterday I shoveled 3 times on my rest day...lol....then today was Bulk Chest and spent 45min shoveling again....lol....I hate snow storms and COLD weather!!!!

• I am so glad I workout in my basement!  I did Build Legs this morning and I was sweating so bad, I had to take off my shirt.  Just so you know, it is 56 degrees down there.  

After my supps and meal, I wanted to start my car early to make sure it would be warm when I left for work.  Well, with it being -12 with wind chill being at -35(makes the basement a TROPICAL PARADISE!!), my car was DEAD!!  So, 15min later my car finally started with a jump.  Then we had to jump the battery of Beckie's car.  So, and hr later and I made it to work only 30min late....lol...Gotta love the COLD!!!!           NOT!!!!!!

• So today I did Total Body.  Which is a circut training style of rounds.  You do 4 exercises for 15 reps for 2 rounds and there are 4 sets of circut rounds.  I used light weights and my rep speed was about 2-4 sec per rep.  And to top off the sweat...lol..I had on long johns under my sweat pants, and a compression shirt under my sweat shirt...lol.  Fun workout!!

• Hey squid, I love the fact that you are so constant about posting. I am sure you are starting to see some great results.

• I am.  The main thing for me is just to maintain.  I am just about to turn 50 next month and I really enjoy the fact that I am more fit than a lot of the college kids here....lol

Today I did Bulk Back.  Nothing special to add today.  I kept the weights down, but not light.  Kept my rep speed at 6/1, so I got a good burn.  No abs today or so far no ab workout for the week.  I have been adding in a few ab reps to all my workouts, but nothing like I have in my past post.  

• Today was Bulk Arms and 100 weighted crunches on a stability ball.  

Today was the first time I was able to get all my reps in with the weights that I did. My first round, for those who are not familiar with Body Beast is a progressive dumbbell curls.    With sets of 15, 12, 8 with no rest in between sets, then I took a 45 sec rest before going up in reps of 8, 12, 15.  My weights were 10, 20, & 30#rs.  So, if I had a way to increase those to say 32 or 35's I would...lol.  My rep speed was steady with about 3 and 3 for all but the 8 reps...lol...those were more like 2 and 2...lol.  My tricep ext were 15, 12, 8 then drop set to 8, with weights of 20, 30 and 40 then back down to 30, with rep speed of 6/6, only cause I do not have heavier weights :(   My force set of 5 sets of 5 reps were with the EzBar at 40 lbs without setting the weight down.  Need to go back up in weight.  My next  round was Skull crushers with the  EzBar of 45, 55, 65, then back to 55.  Then my next round of progressive set was single arm hammer curls.  Reps of 15, 12, 8, with no rest until the end, then switch arms, and do it again..lol.  Switch arms going back up with 8, 12, 15, then switch arms and do it again.  I used weights of 10, 15 and 25.  My last round of progressive sets were for Tricep kickbacks following the same principle for the hammer curls.  Using weights of 5, 10 and 15.  Need to go up to 10, 15, and 20's.

• Today is the start of my last week of this 12 week program.  I did Tempo Chest and Tri's.  Had to drop down in weight as the rep counts are(neg/pos) 6/6 for 15, 6/3 for 12 and 3/3 for 8.  I love this routine because of the ab workout is added in for rest periods at the end of the routine.  The last round was a super set of kickbacks with dips.  The kickbacks are done single arm and rep speed for all 3 sets are 3/3.  The rep speed for the dips are 6/6, 6/3, and 3/3.  LOVE this day!!  So for ppl who do not have this one here is what it looks like:

Chest press -  reps of 15, 12, 8

Figure 4 Crunch - reps of 10 for left and right sides

Incline press - reps of 15, 12, 8.

Cricket Crunch - 10 reps each side

Incline Fly - reps of 15, 12, 8

Tempo Plank  - 10 reps at 6 count  at high plank and 6 count at low plank = 1 rep....lol

Skull Crushers - 15, 12, 8

EzBar weighted Crunch - 10 reps of 30lbs

Super set of Kickbacks and Dips - 15, 12, 8

Plank Twist - Twist - 6 count reps each side for 10 reps