Started 4th rd 10-28-13

• Squid,

Is this your second round of body beast?  I started the program after seeing you post about it and also had some friends who had great results!  I am about to start week 9.  I absolutely love the program and have seen fantastic results so far.  I cant wait to take pictures in a few weeks.   I was just wondering if you just started the program over again after you were finished.   Trying to plan for my finish.  Thanks.

Rachel

• Rachel,

This is Round 4 for me. I always seem to come back to it, that is how much I enjoy doing this program.  I have gained strength and size faster than any other program I have tried.  I do take breaks from it just to give my body some time to adjust so I can feel the soreness again...lol. I am now in week 6 of my 4th round, so when I am done I will be switching to P90X3.  I am getting P90X3 this week, just to help me get through tax season with the 30min workouts...lol.  Then I will be back to Body Beast, then in the middle of summer it will be back to BFL.  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Saturday was Bulk Back and weighted abs added in.  I increased my weights on Pullovers by 5lbs.  I increased my pullups by adding 2 more at the end, and I do 4 sets with the last set to failure.    I did weighted floor cruches and ab twists with 20lb dumbbell, I did leg lifts, and in and outs with 8lb dumbbell, bicycles and hip risers with 2 1/2lb ankle weights ea leg. Held onto ankle weights for superman crunches, body weight for Left/Right side crunches and Elbows to knees crunches.  Total =  100 reps

Today I did Bulk Arms, but with a twist and weighted abs.  I did most exercises as Super Torq.  Progressive set - Standing Curl Reps - 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50(300 reps).  30 sec rest between every set.  To do this, I really had to think about how much will I be able to do, and then adjust from there for next time...lol.  My weights were 5, 8, 10, 15, and 20lbs dumbbells.  Those 5lbs dumbbells sure were heavy on the last set...lol...as were all my last sets.  Overhead Tricep Exts. Done the same way...lol....with weights at single dumbbells of 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30lbs.  I had to do the pause on the last 2 sets just to get my reps in...lol.  Lowered my force set of EzBar curls of 5 reps for 5 sets to 40lbs...I did not get 5 from the last set..lol.. I normally do 50lbs. For my Skull Crushers, I just followed the routine and stayed at my last weight levels. For my Dumbbell Hammer Curls and Tricep Kickbacks, I did the supper torq starting with 30, 20, 10 reps with, for curls, 10, 15, 20lbs, and for kickbacks I used 5, 8, 10lbs. I normally do more weight, but with less reps...lol  Here it is almost noon and I still feel like I have rubber arms...lol.  For my abs I did 15lbs weighted ball crunches for 50 reps, then I did weighted floor cruches and ab twists with 25lb dumbbell, I did leg lifts, and in and outs with 8lb dumbbell, bicycles and hip risers with 2 1/2lb ankle weights ea leg. Held onto ankle weights for superman crunches and Elbows to knees crunches , body weight for Left/Right side crunches.  Total =  150 reps.  I am gonna feel it tomorrow for sure!!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Wow, my arms still feel the muscles building after yesterdays workout!!!...lol.  That was by far the BEST Arms workout I have tried!!  Please feel free to try something like this when you have a good hr to play with.  Most of the time it only take 30mins, but I wanted to try something different, and that is what builds muscles faster....new things!!

Today was Bulk Shoulders and weighted abs added in.  I think I am starting to love doing abs... :)

Today was the day I was able to increase my weights up to where I tried last week...lol.. I went up 5lbs on Lateral raises, Arnold Presses, and Alternating front raises. I also went up...after weeks of trying..in my Progressive Upright rows, by 10lbs, without feeling PAIN!!  So that was my goal...last month...lol..and I hit it!!  That is why you need to listen/feel what your body is telling you.  You do not want a serious injury!!  I also went up 5lbs, but could not get all my reps in on the last sets of Reverse Flys.  I did however follow the video and dropped my weights and finished my set though...lol.  Next Time!!  With my Plank twists and weighted ab routine I got in 140 reps this morning.  I even went up in weight on my In and Outs and Leg Lifts from 8lbs to 10lbs for 10 hard reps ea.  I should try those BEFORE I do my 25lb sets of Crunches and Twists...lol.  I might get more reps in..lmao.

Have a great Tuesday!!

• Today I did Bulk Chest, but with a 4X mass routine thrown in along with super torq. I did my normal seper set of incline flys with incline press for my 4X workout.  I did my force set of flat bench chest press with rotation, followed up with incline presss again but with progressive torq set with reps of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.  Found out I need to start with more weight..lol. I did a regular torq set of a combo set of close grip press to fly set with reps of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10...did not get the 10...stay on those weights for next time!!  I finished my chest routine with decline pushups of 3 sets of 20....all of this was done with 30sec rest between sets and routines.  

Have a great WED!!

• Today was Bulk Legs.  I went up in weight on my front to back lunges 10lb x 2, 15lb x 2, 20lb x 2 dumbbells to 15lb, 20, 25lb dumbbells at 12, 10, and 8 reps each leg.  I went up in sumo squats from 40lb to 50lbs.  I also addes in seated calf raises after single leg calf raises(50 reps ea) with 1 dumbbell of 60lbs and then both 60lb dumbbells for seated calf raises for 40 reps..x 2 sets.  I also did both sets of Beast abs each time after calf raises only cause they are pretty easy now.

Happy Throw Back Thursday EVERYONE!!!

• Today was Bulk Back and weighted ball crunches.  I kept the crunches easy at 15lbs for 100 reps.  

Now, my back routine was a KILLER!!  I used 4X mass for my pullovers super set'd with pull ups.  Did 60lbs for 4 sets ea with slow tempo on my pull ups for 10 reps.  Last set only got 8.  Need to go up on my pullovers to 80lbs since I got 10 reps all 4 sets.  I then did Progressive bent over rows with super torq added in at reps of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50,, using weights of 20, 30, 40, 50, and 70.  Need last set to go up to 80lbs...got hard coming down so lighter weights can stay the same!!  On my force set of one arm rows, I did 20lbs for 5 sets of 10.  Gonna go back to 40lbs for 5 sets of 5 reps...I can never finish the last set without a rest pause in my reps...lol.  On deadlifts I need to use more weight.  I was able to get all sets of 10 of 80lbs....need to go up to 120lbs...nothing like testing out a bad back...lol.  Reverse flys now need to go up to 20lb dumbbells, since I got all 4 sets of 10 reps pretty easy.

Happy Flex Friday Everyone!!!

• Today was Bulk arms again for the week.  Tomorrow is rest day!!  I did the same thing as I did on Mon the 9th except that I went up 5lbs on my skull crushers. I also only did 30 weighted ball crunches...abs need a break too.  

Have a great weekend folks!!

• Today was Bulk Shoulders.  I found out I need to go up in weight on my lateral raises and Arnold presses when I do them again on Saturday.  I will have to stay the same weight on everything else.  But that's ok by me...lol.  No doubles for me tonight as I have to work the mens and womens basketball games.

• Hey squid,

Congrats on hitting it hard! All of your work is sure to pay off.

Dan

• Today was Bulk Chest and this time I followed the routine..why?....I was tired...lmao.  I did realize that I need to increase my Incline flys, and press up 5lbs, increase my force set up 10lbs.  I would do 5, but I don't have dumbbells in between...lol.  I also need to increase all sets of press to fly combo up 5lbs each.  It is nice knowing you can get stronger even when to tired to roll out of bed...lol.

• Finally got my P90X3 in yesterday and Beckie wanted to try one of those exercises, so I thought CVX looked like fun and since she hates push ups and we don't really have a pull up bar to use I did not choose Total Synergistics...lol.  Well I was wrong...Damn Tony kicked my butt in just 30min.  I will advise everyone to start with the COLD START first for this one since CVX does not have a warm up! Looks to be a 12min warm up though!!  It was fun though.  Can not wait till the 20th of Jan when I will be doing the whole program from start to finish!!!

Today was Bulk Legs and I added in abs and some other leg exercises.  I started with Leg ext for 5 sets of 20, 15, 12, 8 and 12 reps.  Leg curls for the same reps, and Calf presses for the same reps.  I also added in seated calf raises but for 2 sets of 65 reps.

I did find out I need to go up in weight on my straight leg deadlifts, and my force sets of sumo squats.

For my abs, I did the Beast Abs forward and backwards twice and added in weighted ball crunches for 50 reps and reverse crunches for 40 reps.  

I sure do enjoy working out on my days off.  Not only can I do more, I also get one more meal in for the day.  So I get 7 small meals, and do I ever need it...whew!!!

Hey all, next week, Santa will have arrived at my house!! AND I HAVE BEEN A GOOD BOY THIS YR!!!  first time for everything...lol

• Wow, was yesterday an all out workout for me....lol  As you may recall it was Bulk legs.  Well, I then went outside and shoveled all the packed down crap at the end of the driveway, plus the layer of ice on the sidewalk from house to driveway.  That was another 45min workout of legs AND back...lol  Then to top it off, last night we did another P90X3 program called Accelerator which is a great cardio....and more pain to my already burning legs...lol.  I am so glad I changed Beckie's mind about not doing Hip Hop Abs....lol

This morning was Bulk Back.  The only thing I increased weight in was my pull-overs.  I went up to 4 sets of 10reps of 80lbs.  Going to stay there for a bit longer...did not get all 10rep on the last 2 sets...lol.  My back was feeling it this morning too.  I could barely get any pull-ups in...lol  OOOHHH, I hurt so good!!!!

• Last night my body was so tired, I crashed on the couch at 8pm...lol

Today was Bulk Arms with light ab workout added in.  Today for my progressive set, I did dumbbell weights of 15's, 20's, and 30's for reps of 15, 12, 8 and then 8, 12, 15.  My tricep ext. with a drop set were weights of 30, 40, 50 and back to 40 for reps of 15, 12, 8 and drop set of 8. My force set of 5 sets of 5reps maintained at 45lbs.  My other drop set of skull crushers remained at 45, 55, 65, and back to 55.  My hammer curls were done in progressive with 10's, 15's 20's, for  reps of 15, 12, 8, 8, 12, 15.  Same with tricep kick backs with weights of 5's 10's and 15's.  

For my abs, like I said I kept it light with 30reps of weighted ball crunches and 30reps of ball roll outs.

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

• This morning I did Bulk Shoulders and abs.  I increased my reps on my abs so today I did 210 total reps, with and without weight.  The only area that I increased weight on were my Arnold presses.  I went up 5lbs each set.  Everything else I stayed the same weight .

Sorry not much to talk about today, but running late and I am beat tired this evening...Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!