Having a hard time doing weight-training in less than an hour!

• Hi guys,

It's my 4th week and my weight-training workouts tend to be about 1hr10mins without stretching. I know my moves inside out now as they are the same each week. Today I even used a stop-watch. But there always seems to be something coming up at the gym like finding the right pulldown bar or something else that slows me down...

Anyone else find it hard to fit it into 46/42mins. Any tips? Is it really possible? 

Thanks,

• There were days when I finished the workout in 45 minutes, and there were days when I was so bamboozled I finished it in one hour and a half. Just give it your all and you will get results either way. Just give it your all and don't worry.

• If you have to wait for something, like a pulldown bar...do pullups, just do them to failure.  Bench press...pushups to failure.  Ez bar for curls or triceps ext...use dumbbells.  That is one reason I do not like going to the gym...I do not like to wait for equipment

But yes, when I do my workouts in BFL mode....I take close to 1 hr or more if it is a day off of work for me.  But, there are days where I can complete a workout in less time than what is sugested.  I just rest less time.  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• I've never had a workout go over an hour (longest was 54 minutes), but I don't work out in a gym. I have an inexpensive weight bench, aerobic step, several solid dumbbells and a set of adjustable dumbbells at home, and that's what I use.

The couple of times I did use the gym, I planned ahead with several possible exercises to select from at each step of the workout. That way if the machine I wanted to use was taken, I'd just shift to a different one from my list. Even if your gym is pretty busy, that might trim some time off the wait.

• I used to take much more than an hour, but I learned to collect all the dumbbells that I was going to need before I started. I would find them abandoned by machines or somewhere else....!

Thanks for all the advice above. I will continue learning new exercises and then I think I will be able to vary what I do when the need arises. It's always good to have a plan B I guess!!