• So, I hit Day 81.  Should be no problems hitting the finish line!  Oh wait.  Wake up at 1am last night vomiting.  Then I pass out twice.  Wife wants me to go o the doctor.  I don't want them to pump me full of fluids.  I understand that I need to take care of my body first.  Looking for ideas of what I can eat with a weak stomach.  I'm sipping water to try to hydrate.  Don't know if stomach can handle the amount of protein I normally intake.  Not really sure what I can eat right now.  I've been nibbling on pretzels, but I don't think that's too healthy.  I'm looking for any ideas to keep me from derailing the rest of the way so close to the end of the program.  Not really as concerned about missing the workouts.  It's the eating that has me worried.  Ideas?


  • If I were passing out I'd make a b-line for the nearest Dr!  Can't be too careful with that.  Other than that....  Soup?  Hope you feel better soon!  

  • Water is always best.  Soup has lots of sodium in it and that can be usetting to a weak stomach too.  See a Dr now and save yourself problems later.  IV of fluids is better than trowing it back up...

    Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

  • Hey Mike,

    So very sorry to hear this. Please go see a doctor today, I do think it's the best thing. You are amazingly committed!

  • Well, I went to the doctor and they're admitting me into the hospital for more monitoring and tests.  Have an IV in me as I type.  I did have my wife take some pictures of me before leaving home.  Afraid what I'll look like after I leave here full of fluids.  So, it appears this program is probably over, but it won't stop me.  I'll recover from this and get back into workout mode.  I'm down 57 pounds since January.  There's no stopping this train.  They will be giving me a stress test tomorrow as long as I feel up to it.  I'm kind of excited to see how I do. Run on a treadmill for 12 minutes.  Um, I can do that!

  • Home from the hospital.  They pumped me full of fluids and monitored my heart overnight.  This morning, they gave me a stress test.  There goal was to get my heartrate to 151 in 12 minutes, on a rapid incline walk (never had to run).  My heartrate reached 142 and they made jokes about having to put me in a wheelchair and said I could outrun them all.  The heart doctor was really impressed with my transformation since January and made multiple comments to my wife about it.  The other heart doctor mentioned it a lot too and said everyone would be so much better off by following the diet I follow.  Anyway, still recovering from a bug.  Not going to rush back into anything.  Want to heal fully.  However, then I'll get back to it.  I'll post pictures of my 81 day transformation when I'm feeling up to it.  Thanks BFL family for your support!


  • Where it wasn't a complete transformation, in regards to 84 days (only made it 81 days due to illness), here are the links to my latest transformation.  Haven't had times to make the pictures smaller to work with the site as pics, so these pdf files will have to work for now.  Hope it works for you.  If not, it can be viewed in my files.  Again, thanks everyone for your support.


  • Wow, too bad you have had such rough time at the end, your photos look great!  Way to go on your results so far!!!!

  • Congratulations Mike, you look fantastic!!!!! Way to go and so glad you are doing okay :)

  • Mike, well done!!  I am glad you are alright.  

  • Great Job Mike.  I would still submitt it through

    Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM