STILL BULKING UP!!

• Man Squid.....you are a work out machine.   I admire the fact that you are willing to incorporate many different plans into your exercise habits.   I tell my friends that it doesn't matter what you do.....as long as you do SOMETHING!!!  Keep up the good work.

• Thanks.  

I do that more in the late afternoons with my girlfriend.  In the mornings, it's all about my set scheduled workouts.  I pick a routine and follow it to the end.  I have had nothing but progress from every one that I own.  Just in different areas than what I was looking for sometimes.  For instance, Insanity.  We both did the whole program and the only thing I got out of it was faster...lol.  It did not build arm(biceps), or back muscle.  I lost the ab definition that I got from another 90 day program, so was not pleased with that.  But, the one thing I learned from all of these programs that I have tried, completed or still use, is that everyone is different and all of these routines will get you fit, but you will know right away if it is truely for you (and I have some recommendations if anyone is interested in trying).   Insanity made me sweat my ass off, which is good, and I built up speed and stamina, but I was looking for something else and so I felt like I jilted myself out of what I did gain from it.  You have to find what works for you.  Then you will notice that it is also fun and not work.....dont get me wrong, it is hard work to get, and stay in shape.  But you and only you can make it be enjoyable from the end results.  I have seen many ppl quit the program they are on, including BFL, cause they were not seeing results and in return were not enjoying it.  

The programs that I do now, including Insanity (when I want a cardio workout for the DAY!) I enjoy.  And, I am always on the lookout for something different to try...lol.  That is why I tried BFL again.  The workout schedule was right for my time schedule and I enjoy the workouts.  Who doesn't like to be done in either 45min or 20min?....lol.  This was also my 2nd time doing this program in 12yrs.  

Now for Body Beast:  This is my 3rd round, week 6, Bulk Chest.  Was not feeling too hot..ok I was hot, but not in a good way...lol.. so I di a light workout and still left sweat all over the floor...lol.  Every round of sets I only used 15's, 20's, and 25lb dumbbells.  Just did not want to hurt myself and yet get something done...lol.

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Sqiud,

I just recieved my body beast package in the mail.  I have read my book and going to review the workouts over the next few weeks while i finish my 2nd bfl challange.  I am really excited about it.  It was interesting to read what Sagi wrote in comparison to Bill.  There are a lot of similarities and the basics are comperable.  Is your girlfried doing body beast?  If so how does she like it.

Rachel

• Rachel,

My girlfriend SOMETIMES workouts with me when I do Body Beast(Saturday mornings...lol)  She likes it and she doesn't...???  She does not like the pain the next day...lol.  Basics for Bodybuilding and BFL are about the same.  The difference is, when Bulking up they do very little cardio.  When trying to get lean and shredded that is when cardio kicks into high gear.  I would reccomend doing the Lean program and not the Bulk.  And, for cardio do the Plyo on the cardio dvd.  Also the warm ups and stretching are short, so add extra time or day for a good stretch routine.  Other than that, you will love it!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Ok, to report in..lol.  Friday was Bulk legs day.  Had to skip it!! Mowed the night before and since my girlfriend got out of work late, I did most of the 3/4 acre of land by myself, which has a very nice set of steep hills!!  Saturday was Bulk Back.  Kept the same weights as last time, but added to my pullups. I did 4 sets of 10.  Sundays are MY scheduled rest days, and with the crapy weather that is what we both did.  Well....I did make homemade Lasagna...with Turkey meat...YUMMY!! I love Sunday Family Dinners.

This morning was Bulk Arms.  Since I had awesome rest..lol.  I increased my  weights up 5lbs on Forced set curls, Progressive sets of Hammer Curls, Skull Crushers and Progressive sets of Tricep kickbacks.  My arms still fell like something ran over them...lol...Rubber city here I come....lol.  That was an awesome workout this morning..wish you all could have been with me...lol...NOT!!....not enough room in my basement for more than 3 ppl at 1 time...lmao

• Wow, I missed Tuesday...lol.  Busy at work, so was not able to post.  Tuesday was Bulk Shoulders.  I did not have any gains or losses to report on this one.  But I sure put them to work...lol.  Went for another 8 mile bike ride that evening.  We took a different route and that had an extra LONG hill we were not expecting...lol.  this morning I was back to Bulk Chest.  Felt good to be back to normal and I was back up to where I left off 2 weeks ago, so that was awesome for me!!  

Happy Wednesday ya all

• Last night we went on a 4.5 mile walk.  What a great night to do it too...not too hot, not too cold.  Worked up a great sweat.  So for the evening this week, I have walked 4miles on Mon, rode bike for 8miles on tues, and now walked 4.5 miles on wed.  How do I top it off, oh....Bulk legs this morning...lol.  Best 41mins of my day so far...lol.  I had sweat dripping off every part of my body...ewwww...lol.  Cant wait to see what my girlfriend wants to do tonight...rest I hope...lol...my body needs it.....NOT!!

• Because it was raining out yesterday, we did Power 90 Sweat 1-2.  Not a bad workout for cardio.  this morning was Bulk Back.  I was not paying attention to what I was putting on my progressive set of reverse grip bent over rows...lol.  I went up 10lbs on my 2nd and 3rd sets, I had planned 50, 70, and 90lbs, since I barely got that last one in last week.  But, instead it was 50, 80, 100, and I did that..lol...so now that means that is where I am to start my pyramid down reps...lol.  Because of this, I could not do my force sets of 30lbs..lol...I only got 3 sets completed and had to drop set the last 2 sets to 25lbs...both arms.  I was exhausted!!   GREAT WORKOUT!!  

Now that is hitting your 10's

Have a great weekend everyone!!

• Did Bulk Arms and Abs on Saturday.  Instead of going up in weight like I did last week i just worked on form and negatives.  Was a great workout for me and I left nothing in the gym(my basement)!!  I can not wait to report about Buk Arms for this Friday...I am trying something new...it will hurt for a week...lmao

Did Bulk Shoulders and Abs today,and again spent more time on form than increasing weight.  Hurt like hell on some of them since I went up on a lot of sets last week, but it was ALL good this morning!!

It's Monday, let's push it up and out for the week!!

• Not much to report from last night....I rested...lmao

This morning was Bulk Chest and I just stayed with what I gained last week, but did most on the negatives, which is just as painful sometimes...lol.

• Ok, yesterday I tried something different...lol.  I did my Bulk Legs, but added Abs.  I did 100 reps of different ab routines 3 different times in a 3 hr period.  Yes I feel tight today...lol.

This morning was Bulk Back.  I completed that with no problems with adding weight...lol...or decreasing weight.  Was nice to not feel burnt out before I was done...lol

Tomorrow I will be doing Bulk Arms with a twist, so you wont get to hear about it till monday.  If I can lift my arms that is...lol

Have a great weekend everyone!!

• Ok, so here is how my Friday went.  I did Bulk Arms, but tried something I read about in a magazine.  I did 5 rounds of  3 supersets.  Here is how it was broken down:

I took my supplements like it stated 1/2hr before the scheduled workouts. My workouts went like this - 7:30, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30.

1.  Standing Barbell Curls superset with Sitting Overhead Tricep extensions - 3 sets of 10 reps:

The night before I wanted to see what I could do for weight.  I tried 45lbs and it felt like it would get heavy to fast, so I started with 27 1/2lbs for the curls and 40lbs for the extensions.  By the 3rd set I was doing 35lbs and thought I can start here on the next round.  Suppose to rest 90 sec per superset....that was a long wait for me..so 60 sec is what I did.

2.  Sitting Alternating Dumbbell Curls superset with Tricep Kickbacks - 2 sets of 12 reps:

Here I started with 15lbs for the curls and 10lbs for the kickbacks.  Well, since it was only 2 sets, I went heavier on the next round.  Again suppose to rest 90 sec...nope...60 sec for me.

3.  Crazy 6's Standing Barbell Curls superset with Crazy 6's Skull Crushers - 1 set of 6 reps:

Here I started with 25lbs for the curls and the skull crushers.  Remember, this is ONLY 1 set.  Yep...kinda light for me, so I went up on the next round. How this round works and maybe why it's only 6 reps....It is a Tempo round.  6 sec up and 6 sec down for both Curls and Skull crushers.

On the final round (5th) I went up on everything but Tricep Extensions.  I ended with 50lbs for standing curls, 25lb dumbbell curls, 20lb dumbbell kickbacks, 40lbs for Crazy 6's.  When I got done, I felt like I could do this every week, and go up some more with the weights.  I felt STRONGER!!  But, by the time it was 2pm, I could barely lift my arms up...lol.  That night I had a hard time bringing in the groceries and my granddaughter.  Everything felt SOOO heavy!!  Saturday came and I had to skip my Bulk Shoulder routine, cause I hurt so bad. Then I had to work the scoreboard for our local College Football Team.  It was difficult to keep my arms up in a bent position...lol.  Sunday rolled around and I was still feeling twitching going on.  So, I will go with what they recomend...lmao...about every 3 months!!

This morning was Bulk Chest.  I figured since I rested for 2 whole days, I should get back on track...lol. I was able to complete the whole routine with some discomfort, but I did not cheat myself out of weight...Yes, my triceps felt it more than I wanted...lol.

Happy Monday everyone!!

• Tuesday I was busy trying to get around the healthcare.org website...boy is that a disaster.  Trying to help clients figure out how much of a credit they will get or whether they should get it at all, or how much of a penalty they will have to pay was giving me a headache!!  How anyone can make a law telling us what to spend our money on cracks me up!!

Enough of me venting about this Obama Care!!  

I was suppose to do Bulk Legs Tuesday morning, but something told me NOT to...lol...which ended up being a good thing.  My girlfriend picked out Bob Harper's 1hr total body workout, kick your ass, dvd!!...lol.  Lots of squats, and lunges, push ups weren't so bad, but tons of curls and tricep ext.  And it did not help that I was still tender from Friday!!  He even does a lot of bent over rows...I was drained before the hr was even up...lol.  OMG stop with the crunches!!...lol

Wed I did Bulk Back...yep, because of Tuesday night, this was painfull!!  But I did in fact increase my progressive bent over row sets up 10lbs per set.  I also did Ab ripper 200.  Last night we mowed..again with the legs?  Come on honey...I still hurt...lmao

Today was Bulk Arms.  I increased my progressive standing dumbbell curls up 10lbs on the heavy set, so I was pleased with that.  After that I was worried that I would not be able to do anything else...lol.  I stayed the same weights for my tricep exercises, but went up on my force sets of standing barbell curls by 5lbs.  I dont wait as long as I should between rest so I was done before the dvd was.  So, I did 100 weighted crunches while they caught up to me.  My abs hurt so bad today!!  Feels good to know I have some...lmao!

• Ok, I see I am behind...lol.  Friday I finished up my Bulk Phase with Bulk Shoulders.  I wanted to increase my weights on some of the exercises, but with tendon problems and just flat out weakness, I had ome problems doing that, so I stayed with what didn't hurt...lol.  I still  left with sweat on the floor and a great pump to my muscles.  You just have to know your body and what it can handle so you don't hurt yourself so much so, that you can't work out in the future.  This was also suppose to be my 2 days rest this week(Mon and Sun).  Well, since I worked out Monday, my 2 days ended up being Sat and Sun...lol.  Damn I planned that well...lol.

This Monday, yesterday, I started my Beast Phase.  This was Build Chest and Triceps.  This is where I wish I had Powerblocks upto 90lbs...lol.  I love this week, cause I get to workout arms twice this week with Build Chest and Tri's and Back and Bi's and then Bulk Arms...YES!!!

Last night, my girlfriend wanted to try something new...so we did Turbo Jam - Body Fat Burn..??  Ok, that was only 30min, but kicked my ass to the curb...lol.  Then we did Ab Ripper 100.

Today was Bulk Legs.  I was still tired from last night so I kept it simple and weight was last weeks max.  I did not increase this week.  

Can't wait to see what she has instore for me tonight...lol

• Ok, so last night...same day as Bulk Legs...lol...we went for an 8 mile bike ride.  I stayed in gears 16 and 17 for most of the ride.  Going uphill was FUN!!!...NOT!!!..lol.  

This morning I did Build Back and Biceps and added in Ab Ripper 100.  I increased my weight on bent over rows 2.5lbs.  So my heavy set was 102.5....lol.  I also increased my weight on barbell curls up 2.5lbs.  My heavy set was 52.5lbs.  I almost did not workout this morning since I was soooo tired from all that leg workout yesterday.  I ate a light breakfast first and as soon as my girlfriend left for work, I hit the gym...my basement..  I was sweating so bad, it ran down my glasses...lol...YUCK!!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!