Anyone use the TRX suspension trainer?

• I've used it before to help with shoulder rehab - I found it really good ( and darn hard to do )

Anyone used one on a challenge like this?

Thanks,

Mike.

• I've used my TRX most days but hadn't thought of using it on a challenge though. Food for thought. Still playing around with it. Will have to give that some thought. Would need to come up with a routine. You might try TRX.COM, That's were I'm heading next. Let me know what you decide. The TRX challenges you quite well.

My 2 cents worth.

ClaudeL

• Yeah, I'm looking there too.

I'm going to try and come up with an exercise set..

• Maybe we can put together a routine.  I've tried one legged squats my balance was way off so not sure if I would add that to a set. maybe keep that for active rest or cardio days until I get good at it.

• I know what you mean - the TRX does take some getting used to - but that's the point of it.

It's difficult, because it really works your core.

That's it's benefit over weight machines - it doesn't isolate any muscle groups.

What my PT said was that when an excercise is difficult, it's most likely showing up a core weakness.

If you have a problem on a specific exercise, then don't stop doing it - ease back - yes, but do keep doing it.

I reckon that it's possible to come up with a plan that would work with the high point technique.

I'll have a good look at it later, and see how it goes.

• I would suggest using the TRX and working towards the same goal you do with the BFL routine.  With BFL, you do a set of 12,10,8,6,12 with your first exercise - let's say the bench press.  The reps go down, but the exertion level goes up with each set 12-6 because you're increasing the weight.  You can mimick this with the TRX Chest Press by changing your angle to make each set increasingly difficult while still following the 12,10,8,6,12 pattern.  You might also use the same angle on all 5 sets but use 8,10,12,14,12 as your reps.  Remember what you're trying to accomplish with the BFL routine and then find a TRX exercise and rep routine that fits.  It's a great piece of equipment.

• Yup, that was my thinking too. I need to work out which excercises...

But I have suffered a major energy low yesterday and this morning.

So I've not been to the gym or had the energy to sort this out in the last 48 hrs.

Really struggling at the mo - but I'll get there.

• I'm using a TRX class as one of my aerobic days.  The class is 45 mintues and I'm sweating and breathing heavy.  I get pushed because it is a class.   I don't know if it is a good substititute for weight training.  First, it is difficult to track progress with mimicking the 12,10,8,6,12,12, sets. Also, it appears that the best methods of mass building seem to be:  dumbbells, bar bells, guided weights (T-bar row, Smith machine), other cables, other machines....I think bands would be last.  Just my opinion.  

• You truly build mass with time under tension.  Which most of the time you can build mass, not strength with light or body weight taking reps to failure, done 4-6 sets.  For true strength you need less reps more weight and lots of sets.  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM