How start weight training?

• Hello Friends,

I am doing gym for last 1 month and improved little bit health. And for kick start I am going to join Competition from next month. But before doing that I want to learn Weight Training properly. I had Sedentary lifestyle from last 5 years, and because of   that my muscles become very weak. If I do any kind of weight training, I am getting very bad pain. And it takes too long to go away.

I started my weight training with very moderate weights, but afterwards, I heard of High Intensity Training, and I started with that, but  a day came where my shoulders were injured, and it always sore. I am always getting pain in neck, shoulder and lower back. I tried to give rest my shoulders and neck for 2 weeks, but still I have pain and soreness.  Is it OK if I take anti-inflammatory medicines and continue with Weight lifting exercises?

Now, I am very confused with Weight Program Schedule. I had look with it, but couldn't understand how should I schedule my exercises?  Can anyone give me sample detailed schedule for exercise?

And finally I want to that, I am living in Australia, can I participate in this Competition? If yes, How could I get EAS Sport nutrition? Its not available in Australia. Is it fine if I Import them?

Thanks,

Hakoo Desai.

• Last question first.  Right now the competition is only open in the United States, from what I have read and heard.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.  So, if it is a competition you want, you can do it with in yourself.  Write out your body goals with set dates and some life goals with set dates...12wks.  Make them attainable, but not easy, if you know what I mean?

Sample schedule workout that I do:

Upper Body:

Chest - Bench press for 5 sets, increasing weight for 4 set and decline the reps ( 12, 10, 8, 6) on the 5th and last set  lower the weight and do 12 reps.  Now with no rest do 12 reps of bench flies.

Shoulders -  Shoulder press (COPY THE WAY IT'S DONE FOR THE CHEST), Now with no rest do 12 reps of lateral raises.

Back - Dead Lifts (SAME AS ABOVE).  Now do bent over rows for 12 reps.

Triceps - Lying Tricep extensions (SAME AS ABOVE).  Chair Dips to failure.

Biceps - EZ Bar Curls (SAME AS ABOVE).  Lower the weight cause this one will hurt!!  21's. This requires lifting the bar up half way for 7 reps, now bring it up to your shoulders and lower it half way for 7 reps, now do full curls for 7 reps.

Lower Body:

Quads - Leg extention (SAME AS ABOVE).  Now do 12 reps of squats.

Hamstrings - Leg Curls (SAME AS ABOVE).  Now try this one...behind the leg(single leg) bent over dead lifts 12 reps each side.

Calves - Single leg calf raises(SAME AS ABOVE).  Now do both leg calf raises to failure.

Abs - I do a variety and 15 -30 reps.  Crunches, reverse crunches, bicycles, V-ups, Around the worlds, russian twists, and anything else you can come up with...lol.

These are the things I do when I have to go to work.  On my days off (Wed's & Fri's)  I add more exercises to the program of the day!

Hope this helps.  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Oh, one important thing you need to do first....SEE A DOCTOR about that pain.  Then if he/she gives the ok....follow this formula with light weights to start and increase as pain will allow.  Why get injured trying to get healthy?

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Thanks Squid. I don't mind if I can't participate. I really have competition with myself only. Surely, I will stick with plan, and have good health.

• Good to hear