Pre and Post Workout Supplements

• What do you take pre and post workout?  I purchased Betagen and Phos HP, but they appear to do the same thing.  (39 yrs, Female)

• Always do your research before investing in supps.  I take Creatine pills and Glutamine 1/2 hr before my workout.  I even have a workout drink.  NOS blend.  After, I take, my BCAA's and and after workout of NOS, plus at my weight Creatine powder drink mix and my 60gr Whey Protein drink.  This is all in the morning for me.  Then with my meal I take Thermo Blast to help burn the fat.  Plus my vitamines of Fish oil and a Multi.

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Depends on what your trying to do. Since these is an EA site.... I like taking pre-workout powders that include Beta-Alanine, D-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine with Aminos and Electrolytes.  There are a bunch of them to choose from.  Try to get one that doesn't have maltodextrin or fillers.  Usually they will specify that on the container.

I like to take BCAA's during my workout.  If your trying to bulk up, you can sip 1/2 serving of complex carbs with it.

Post Workout I quickly take my protein shake.  Again, if your bulking - mix another full serving of complex carbs powder.

I find taking supplements before I workout, mentally get me motivated.  To the point, I can't believe someone wouldn't want to take them to help their workout.  I used to workout 4 hours at a time without getting tired. I'm started to use the Body for LIfe program which limits my workouts to under an hour, which seems to really work for me since I started.  Just make sure you take them before 4pm.  You will have a hard time sleeping.