too much work out?

• I just started last week, but on the days I lift, I also do the treadmill HIIT either early in the morning or late at night.  FYI: Doing HIIT everyday to burn extra fat.

You may have trouble going to sleep the later you workout.  I've found taking supplements like 5-HTP and melatonin to help though.

• Could someone clear one thing up for me-please.  When I'm doing my Upper/lower body work outs I only do the sheet (1) time.  Meaning only 1 set of each category - or should I say just go down the sheet once?

• DinoDean, can you please break down HIIT for me.  I workout regulary with weights and I run but if I'm doing one of these workouts in the gym please explain how to incorporate HIIT.  Thank you

• I do cardio in the mornings and if it's a weight day, weights in the evening. I always used to like to lift in the morning, but then I started noticing something: all the fittest people at the gym weren't lifting in the mornings. They were doing cardio. Also, the big muscular guys and even the really fit like fitness model fit women were lifting in the afternoon or evening.

There's a reason for that. It has to do with hormone and glycogen levels throughout the day. The best time to do cardio is in the AM, after you have fasted overnight. Your glycogen levels are lowest and thus any exercise is going to immediately target fat, but since glycogen stores are low, unless you can eat and wait an hour in the morning to lift you won't really have enough glycogen available to fuel a good weight workout. So, the best time to lift is in the afternoon or evening when hormone levels are the highest and glycogen is high. That way you will get the maximum benefit of each type of workout.

But, if that's not possible, the best time of day to workout is the time that works best for your schedule.

• Runnergirl2, for the workouts you are talking about the sheet where it has your "plan" on the left and your "actual" on the right, correct?

You plan what you are going to do on the left and then you fill in what you actually do on the right. Do all sets for all exercises.

• RunnerGirl2, here is how to do HIIT.

• I workout in the morning on cardio and lifting days.  I've lifted in the morning for years and love it.  It's a sure way to get my workout in and then not have to worry about what might come up later in the day because my workout is already done.  I've also found that it's easier to eat clean if I know I've already worked out hard that morning.  But really, I think anytime that you workout is the best time for that day!

• BFLAndy, thank you so much

• You're welcome. Glad I could help. :)

• Well if I workout too much or just what the book says, I've lost 4lbs the first 5 days.

• Workout just like the book says. It's common to lose a fair bit of weight right at the beginning, as part of it is excess water that our bodies are holding on to.  You can always make adjustments later, if need be. But for now, just trust the plan and follow the workouts as written. There are going to be some times you don't think it's working, but if you persevere and stick with it, you'll see the changes happen. Many women talk about the "8 week miracle". It's like for the first 8 weeks it seemed like nothing was happening and then BAM all of a sudden after the 8th week the changes were dramatic. Don't be tempted to change up the program. Just keep going and do like it says.

• I finally got it, I totally understand the work out plan and I've done great all week.  I've lost 4lbs this week, I'm looking forward to the coming weeks.

• Today is my 14th day on the program and I'm loving it.  I just started adding HIIT to my daily workout plan and swimming on Tue/Thurs/Sat along with my HIIT on the treadmill.  I'm loving it

• Just want to thank everyone that's helped me with understanding this.  I have it down packed and I'm looking better and feeling the inches come off.  I'm loving this exercise plan.  The eating is so easy and the shakes are awesome.  Can't wait to take my four week pictures.