Free Day - workout or not?

• Is it better to have a normal BFL day on Sat and a total free day on Sun or....

Sat - no workout but follow the eating plan...

and on Sunday do a cardio workout when you get up but then eat whatever for the rest of your free day?

At least with the 2nd choice your metabolism is all fired up for a day of naughty eating?!

What does everyone think?

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• The BFL book says you can do either. I think most people do a totally free day- a mental rest form planning, a physical rest from working out, and a chicken rest from all the chicken I'm sure you have been eating. But again, I'm sure either way is perfectly fine.

Stacy Lynn

• It just depends on what I have planned for that week.  I try to plan my free day around what I have going on.  Fore example, my husband and I usually go out to dinner on Saturday nights and then go do something we are usually up LATE.   So I eat clean all day Saturday and do my workout.  Then my free day starts with dinner and maybe a few drinks Saturday night.  Then Sunday I eat clean again but I don't work out.

• Thank you guys! I guess I'll just see what each weekend brings and plan accordingly.

Live   Love   Lift!

• If you've been eating and following the workouts during the week, your body is already fired up, that's why you can rest on one day and eat whatever you want.  It is best to do just one free meal but the book does say eat whatever you want for that day.

I like HeatherC's response.  Good way to plan.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I take the whole day, both from eating and exercise unless it's doing something that I enjoy like kayaking or skiing.  

As you get further in to your challenge, you will work it out best for YOU.  I do cardio and start my week on Sunday so my free day always fall on Saturday.  That's when hubs and I do all of our "man store" errands and that way there is no "worry" over planned meals on free day.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks Champster09!

I guess I will work around my work schedule!

Live   Love   Lift!

• man store errands...that's funny, Michelle! :)

Deirdre-My free day also depends on what is going on with my weekends, like tomorrow I'm running in a 5K so I'm not going to worry about eating as strict tomorrow (and I usually only take a free meal on my free day) then eat clean on Sunday.

Like Michelle said, do what works for YOU, there is no set rule on when you have to take it! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I found that a total free day helps my muscles recover. My muscles are some days really taxed and I think the body needs proper rest and recuperation at least once a week :)