Another strange workout question

• I'm in week 6 and had my UBWO today. Today was the second time I've noticed after my workout that at the very edge of my pec muscle right near my armpit on one side I have what appears to be a hickey. I'm assuming broken blood vessels. The first time it was gone by the end of the day. Also, my upper arms are very warm, not to the touch but inside. Kind of like that nice feeling you get when you first start to lift and the blood rushes into the muscle except this has been with me all day. It's not uncomfortable. This is the first time that has happened. I started looking around online for an answer and found a lot of posts where people asked the same question but there was never a reasonable answer. I want to make sure I'm not overdoing it. I increased my weights and changed exercises recently because of my last post about not being sore after working out. However, the first time it happened I had not increased my weights. Have I increased too much, is this the way I've been supposed to be feeling all along or am I just a freak?

Thanks

Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible. ~Fortune Cookie~

• AtlBigDog I used to have that same type of bruising on my inner thighs after doing Sumo Squats.  At first it scared me, but I felt like as long as I wasn't "injured" in a non-functioning or incapacitating way that I was just tearing things that hadn't been challenged.  As to the flushing, that could be related to supplements you might be taking.  Sometimes NO supps and Creatine supps can give you that pump for hours.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Normally I take a multivitamin, magnesium, calcium and CLA. I stopped all that over the weekend however cause I'm having a colonoscopy next week. Maybe that's the cause of the flush.

Thanks

• Very well could be.  Unless you "feel" bad I seriously don't think it's anything to worry over.  The flushing could be your metabolism kicking up again, that's ALWAYS a good thing. ;o)

• That's what I was hoping it was. A 6 week miracle instead of an 8 week miracle. I'd like to say I feel great except I'm very tired and hungry today so maybe it is my metabolism. All in all though....I feel better than I have in a really long time. :-D

• I think you will be just fine.  I also think that if you are really hungry then eat your next meal.  The objective is really to rule out external stress eating, but if your body needs food, you know it.  There are days that 7 meals are a must for me.

• I'm not starving, just what normally lasts me 3 hours is only lasting about 2 today. I did eat lunch early because I was very hungry and I had packed some extra left over veggies from dinner so that was a good thing.

• That's good.  If it continues try increasing your protein portion by 25% to get you back up to 3 hours.  Oh and do you ever get over to Huntsville?

• Do you subscribe to the theory that you should eat your weight in grams of protein a day?

I don't get to Huntsville but I have a motorcycle and am always up for a ride. Why do you ask? I'm riding to Tennessee in May.