Tweaking weight days

• Wondering if anyone has tweaked the reps/ weights on their weight days? I am doing what the book says by doing the 12,10,8,6,12 reps with increasing weights until the last set of reps. I am noticing some changes in my body but with my goal being to lean out/ tone up, should I be doing more reps with less weight? Just wondering if anyone varies the workout set in the book. Thanks

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• My training partner and I do tweak our reps/weights. We have been focusing on size and strength, so what we do is high reps (12, 12, 12, 12, 12 and 12) with HEAVY weights. We keep it all 12 reps. Since you want to be cut/tone, it would be benificial to up your reps to a "burn out" or failure. High reps, low weight for tone/lean and high weight and low reps for size.  I hope this helps you. Remember, it's your challenge and your transformation! Good luck to you.

• My opinion is you cant grow lean muscle mass unless you tear them up with heavier weights to get them to rebuild. High reps of low weights will only maintain what you have. More lean muscle mass means your body will burn more calories and increase metabolism. I would stick to the book.

My 2 cents.

• Correct Legs.  

You are essentially building a foundation here.  There is no need to adjust the program at this point in the challenge.  Keep on with the way it is and you will lean up very nicely, then if you are okay with doing one challenge, set goals at the end and specialize in those.

• Thanks for the feedback. I am happy with what I am doing and it seems to be working pretty well so far. Will stick with it!!!

• Also, you need a good variety- look on the net and find different ways to work out your chest, shoulders, thighs, etc...

remember, there are muscle GROUPS in one area. You need to isolate A group and work each one for a full effect. It'll make you look more toned and feel more sore.

I'm excited about this finding, because I just learned this last night!!  :)

Stacy Lynn

• Good afternoon!

One great site that I was turned on to months ago (I think Legs mentioned it) is exrx.net.  IT IS AN AWESOME SITE!  I just used a new exercise for chest yesterday, decline bench press (with dumbbells).  I am sooooo sore today!  Love it!  

You can find lots of exercises for each muscle group, using machines, barbells, or dumbbells.

Good luck!  Julie

• Thanks for the link. Great stuff. Am going to try new upper body exercises tomorrow. I'm excited!!!