New with questions...

• So I don't have the book, i was hoping to get the info here...I think I understand the workouts but wanted to make sure

Choose 1 exercise per muscle group.

Do the reps as requested 12 10 8 6 12 12 (or something like that)

On that last 12 I choose 1 more from the same group?

Do I repeat this 3 times and then go on to the next muscle group?

Also I work out at home, i have hand weights ranging from 3-10 lbs...will this work?  I see a lot of them are with barbells and I don't want to go out and buy them, plus I don't have room for them.

Thank you

• 1 Exercise/muscle group for the 12/10/8/6/12 with increasing weights (to fail) w/1min rest in between each set, (except you can decrease weight on the second set of 12). Then a different exercise  for the same muscle for a final set of 12 reps.

For example:

Straight Leg Deadlifts (Hamstrings):

12 reps @ 3lbs

1min rest

10 reps @5lbs

1min rest

8@7lbs

1min rest

6@10lbs

1min rest

12@7lbs

Dumbbell Lunges (hamstrings) (notice, NO rest)

12@7lbs

Do that for each muscle groups. You will eventually want to get heavier weights. Progress is completely reliant on lifting HEAVY until fail.  You want to be SWEATING from exertion.

I would highly recommend buying the book cheap from half.com or something. I've owned it for 10 years and use it all the time.

Hope that makes sense!

• Thank you

• You will quickly find that your weights aren't heavy enough.  To reach the level of intensity required for the number of reps you will need to up your weights accordingly.  I would look for some cheep dumbells that have removable plates, these would be old school maybe found at a second hand store.  A set of dumbells in ranging weights or Bowflex select tech dumbells can get very expensive.  Another option would be to buy a set of bands that come in varying resistance for a specific weight.

• Try to get the book, even if renting from the libray or buying used on Amazon or half.com.  It is not only beneficial for the exercise sequence and diet, but really important to understand WHY you are doing things the way you are doing them.  Reading the book cover to cover is highly recommended before starting the program.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• As the others have said get the book, borrow it or get it used if $ are a concern.  Dumbells are geat for working out but you are going to need much heavier weights to work the large muscles of the legs & back. garage sales & craigs list are loaded with used weights. Unless you have one foot in the grave you will need them right away

• Also just getting started, but seeing one exercise in detail and knowing about weights/books is very helpful!  Thanks to all who are willing to help/share!

• I agree you need to read the book.  It explains the mental aspect of the plan, which for me and so many others is what I truly needed to understand.  90% of transforming yourself is habits and mental stuff.  PLEASE read the book.  I also agree that heavier weights will be needed soon.  You'll be suprised how fast you gain strength!