Fatigue in week 8.

• I am almost finished with wk 8, and I have found that my endurance, and energy level in general is zapped. On Cardio days, I usually hit the treadmill, and I can't maintain the speeds I previously did in weeks 6 and 7. I talked to a Physical Therapist, and she recommended upping my carb intake, However, I don't quite know how to do that when I have a specific list of foods and designated portion sizes. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any good tips for getting through the next few weeks?

• Greetings Lacy724,   The therapist is probably correct on that one,  carbs maintenenace is very important to keeping energy levels up during this program.  Are you following the open hand (palm) size portion for carbs such as fruit (apples, 1/2 banana, oranges, etc) as a minimum?  Also how is your rest, recoup time going,  You may need to find a way to get more rest at night or during cat naps during the day (power napping I believe it's called).  CLA may also help to boost your metabolic rate and energy, it's actually saffloweroil in pure form, nothing artificial except maybe the gelatin casing. Hope these ideas help you out.  (I have had this problem during previous challenges C1 and C2 but managed to overcome it with additional rest, and better vitamins, and supplements too!

• Lacy,

I had the same thing happen in my week8 and I had to increase my carb in take.  I was not eating whole grain rice or whole grain bread just fruits & veggies which made me feel run down & have CRAZY cravings.  Also, I added a myplex light shake on weight days (need to feed your new metabolism) and I was back to normal in a couple of day.  I hoped this helped.  Are you waking up early to do your workouts?  I am not a morning person, but I do my workouts at 5am and I have to sleep in once a week to recoup.  WPBill, is right about supplements - verify.

Tonja

• Thanks for the advice! Currently I do my workouts at 5 am before going to work, and I do protein bars once daily. Naps are kinda out of the question during the week because of work, but I do actually try for one on Sundays. As far as my current carb intake, I thought the size of your fist was the max you could eat. But I have been doing things like whole wheat bread, brown rice and wild rice. I also take a complete multi-vitamin in the am. I think where I may be hurting myself is, sometimes I don't eat my 6th meal because I go to bed early.

• I have a hard time eating the sixth meal too.  I have breakfast at 645, snack at 10, lunch at 1230, snack at 3, then I do my workout.  By the time I get home and cook dinner, I am eating at about 730-8ish.  I don't feel like eating after that and then I usually head to bed around 10.  

Is that 6th meal a major must??

• Lacy,

It just maybe your 6th meal!  I wouldn't skip it and a shake/yogurt is a good option.  I did the same thing at first.  I should've said that I sleep in until 6am one day during the week and I sleep in on Saturday too.  I hope this helps & keep your carbs in check - I still have problems with this one!

Tonja