WOULD ANYBODY BE WILLING TO SHARE??????

• WOULD ANYBODY BE WILLING TO SHARE A COMPLETE WORKOUT ROUTINE WITH ME? I GO TO THE GYM AT LUNCH EVERYDAY AND I HAVE APPROXIMATELY 1HOUR TO 1HOUR AND 15 MINUTES EVERYDAY TO DO WHAT I HAVE TO DO.

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE AND WELCOME ALL HELP. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH ME, MY E-MAIL IS GWIZZ509@YAHOO.COM

THANKS IN ADVANCE

GLENN ALLEN

• Have you gotten any response?  I would love this info also :)

• My husband and I are doing the challenge together, and our workouts go exactly by the Body-for-Life book.  For our workouts we got the BFL Success Journals, and even though I feel like a total dork lugging that thing around the gym with me, it has done wonders.  The reason is that it makes me write down each weight that I use and how intense each set feels.  There is room to make notes, and so for the next workout, I know in advance whether I need to adjust my weight up or down.  This type of planning helped me in the first two weeks to get my weights right, and since then has kept me increasing at the right rate, so I never get comfortable and always hit my 10's.  I use a combination of free weights and machines.

• If you go to the Library section here, under exercise you will find the BFL workout program.

However, you asked for the specifics, so here is mine:

Upper body-

Chest press w/ dumbells:

12 x 35lbs, 1 min rest.

10 x 40,  rest

8 x 45, rest

6 x 50 rest

12x 45, NO rest and right into flyes, 12 x 30...then 2 min rest.

Shoulders:

sitting, raising dumbells straight up overhead.

12 x 15lbs, 1 min rest

10 x 20,rest

8 x 25 rest

6 x 30 rest

12 x 25, then right into side raises 12 x 15...2 min rest

the rest of my w/o follows the same pattern-

Back, rowing machine 12, 10 8, 6, 12 then right into one arm DB 12 times.

Triceps, kickbacks 12, 10 ,8, 6, 12, the right into dips 12x

Biceps,  barbell curls 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 then right into hammer with dumbells.

does this help? remember that the patter is the same for all exercises...it's the weight that is individual to us all.

• THANK YOU VERY MUCH BOBBY. I ACTUALLY TOOK EVERYONES ADVICE AND DOWNLOADED THE SPREADSHEET FOR THE EAS DAILY FITNESS ASSESMENT. WOW AM I HURTING NOW. LOL. I DID MY UPPER BODY TODAY COMBINED WITH A LITTLE CARDIO (EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T CALL FOR IT). I JUST LOVE THE ELIPTICAL. THANKS FOR EVERYBODY'S HELP. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

MY ROUTINE TODAY WAS

CHEST=

DUMBELL BENCH= 12,10,8,6,12

DUMBELL FLY'S=12

BACK=

WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWN=12,10,8,6,12

ONE ARM DUMBELL ROWS=12

SHOULDERS=

SEATED DUMBELL PRESS=12,10,8,6,12

UPRIGHT BARBELL ROWS=12

BICEPS=

HAMMER CURLS=12,10,8,6,12

BARBELL CURLS=12

TRICEPS=

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS=12,10,8,6,12

TRICEP KICKBACKS=12

EVERYTIME I WENT DOWN I REPS I WENT UP IN WEIGHT EXCEPT FOR MY LAST 12 REPS......I WENT BACK TO THE SAME WEIGHT I DID AT 10 REPS TO "BURNOUT" WITH. I WAITED 1 MINUTE BETWEEN REPS, AND 2 MINUTES BETWEEN SETS.

I ACHIEVED COMPLETE MUSCLE FAILURE ON EVERY BODY PART I WORKED. I ALSO KEEP A LOG IN A FOLDER FOR TRACKING PROGRESS. I KNOW I MIGHT LOOK KIND OF LAME DOING IT THAT WAY BUT.....OH WELL. I WILL START TO PLAN MY WORKOUTS A WEEK IN ADVANCE LIKE I DO MY MEALS.

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE.

• This was so helpful.  Thanks Bobby for posting that kind of put it into perspective even though i have read the book twice. LOL

• i am still confused, what are they talking about repeating 5 times?

• @nickbeck83 - I assume you're referring to the lines like this from GWIZZ's post:

WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWN=12,10,8,6,12

It just refers to the number of repetitions in each of the five sets he does of that exercise. So, he does it 12 times, then (after a rest) 10 times, etc. BobbyA's was more detailed:

Chest press w/ dumbells:
    12 x 35lbs, 1 min rest.
    10 x 40,  rest
    8 x 45, rest
    6 x 50 rest
    12x 45, NO rest and right into flyes, 12 x 30...then 2 min rest.

The first number is the number of repetitions, the second the weight used. So, he did 12 repetitions of the chest press with 35 pound dumbbells, then rested, then 10 repetitions with 40 pound dumbbells, etc.

If that wasn't what you meant, then apologies - apparently I'm confused too.