abs, Abs, ABS!!

• HEY Y'ALL!

With summer coming up I'm sure we are all looking forward to showing a nice flat tummy/ cut abs off at the beach, I know i would love to.

My question is, What are some great workouts that really hits the ABS?

Thanks y'all!!!

• Atrend66: I love your enthusiasm for ABS!!! Abs are sooooo cool. It is so rare to go to the beach and see someone walking in their bathing suit with a great set of abs. I got my first 6 pac when I was 44 years old (I'm a little slow at things). And now at 52 my abs are still visible. And the crazy thing is I only work my abs a couple times a week for about 10-15 minutes. The thing most people don't realize is that "ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN". It all comes down to nutrition. A clean diet is what will shed away the belly fat and expose those wonderful stomach muscles. Trust me....doing endless ab exercises will not get you six pack. It will get you strong abdominal muscles but it is the low bodyfat that will cause your abs to pop out. I plan on walking the beaches with a six pack until I'm in my 70's. You ought to see the college kids stare at you as you walk by and they don't look near as fit and lean. Hope you have an "ABsolutely great summer!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Everyone has a 6 pack, you just need to get rid of the layer of fat around them.

You could do 1000 crunches a day and only get sore never seeing any definition.

Like stated, stick to the diet plan and the routine if you want a 6 pack.

Don't expect it over night, but if you are in decent shape now, you will probably see it by the end of the 90 days.

• I feel that my ab workout could be better, but fit4life is right!  Eat lean & it will come off.  I am on week 4/5 and I noticed that my food choices are not as good as it once was.  I will plan better for next week.

I feel that my core isn't as strong as it once was too.   Any routines?

• Tonja

I am finding I actually have a 4 pack going on. I still have a slight protection layer covering them but, it is there. I truly believe it is all about the food you eat!

But to help with your question about a routine. I have noticed I am doing less ab exercises than I did in the past. But now they are more intense. Below are a few that I do...

Cardio days I do each exercise as many times as I can and 1 round of each exercise (sample 20 reps x1). Then on Lower body workout days I do the same except I do 2 rounds each exercise. ( sample 20 reps x 2)

1. I lay on the ground and with a 18lb ball I do a kind of crunch. I lay with my arms above my head on the ground and my legs straight out on the ground and then I lift the ball, crunch up and pull my legs in until I form a ball. I do as many as I can.

2. I do crunches with a 15lb weight on an incline. Raising my incline and weight each week.

3. Ab rotation machine (for side and lower love handles)

4. Roman chair- raising legs straight out not curling them in.

5. Decline leg lifts

These are what I have found to work well. I do however get a new routine next week so this will probably change to more challenging ones.

I hope this helps. Keep up the great work!

Zavi

zavi-mybodyforlifechallenge.blogspot.com