Work out time

• So far (only on 2nd week though) I am not able to get through my weight routines in the allowed time - does anyone else have this problem?  I always go over by about 20 minutes!!

Will I get quicker at some point?

My mind and heart are on the mend and now, thanks to BFL, my body isn't too far behind! :-)

Lindylou

• 45 minutes for UBWO and thereabouts for LBWO I seem to recall is approx what you should do

I spend around 45 minutes to 1 hr 30 as I do some supersets

I went out walking through the city center, it happened just the other day. Sometimes Sydney Harbor in the winter, blows a little luck my way.

• I do occasionally run over about 10-15 minutes on a routine but try to complete them on time as often as possible but sometimes the waiting for a special machine or weight tends to hold things up at the gym where I go and going around them or it(the equipment or weight) is not possible or feasible. I don

t believe that Bill had that in mind when he wrote the program years ago. (many gyms are much more busier nowadays with the renewed emphasis on health in today's society).

• Don't worry Lindylou, I am having the same problem so far. I would recommend to try to do them as close to the given time as you are able to. You will probably improve over time. I only started on BFL Monday Aug 15th, and started cardio. I went almost 30 mins, because I hadn't worked out in a year, and I had to rest a couple of times because I could not have finished the whole 20 minutes if I had not. I used the eliptical on interval setting, and I could not increase all of the levels as in the book minute by minute as Bill says. However, I have done 2 further eliptical exercises on interval, and by the 2nd one I was able to increase each minute by one level (although I started off at level 1, lol. But made it to level 6 by the end!) By the 3rd cardio exercise (same machine, also at intervals, I was able to start at level 2 and finished at level 7. And I finished the 2nd and 3rd cardio exercises in the whole 20 minutes without resting.

As for the weights, I started UBWO on Aug 16th, and it took me 1 hour 15 mins to finish it. LBWO, on Aug 18th took about the same time, because it was my 1st time after a year of not working my legs, butt etc. However on Aug 19th on Saturday, I did another UBWO and made it all the way through in an hour. So I decreased my time by 15 mins. Just do your very best to stay focused, tune out distractions around you, and keep an eye on the time. It may be easier to buy a stop watch as Bill suggested inhis book.

In my opinion, I think most people may go over by about 10 minutes at least anyhow. Because if you time the minutes he gives you between sets and reps it works out to 35 minutes of rest time for the UBWO's and only 3 minutes of actual workout time to complete 60 reps of exercise! I don't think you can properly finish these exercises in 3 minutes unless you are pumping the weights really fast, and you can't do that because you need to raise and lower the weights properly and maintain great form. I think it takes at least 5 or 6 minutes anyhow to completely do all the exercises listed.

I myself, try to stick to the time as much as I can, but I at least am trying to make sure now that I complete them at least within an hour. I hope some of this helps you. I know I am little late in posting and that I have rambled on a bit, but good luck to you! xxxx