Wheight Training with a friend

• A friend of mine has joined me during my second week of training.  How do we do the last exercise since it has to be done without resting?  Any ideas?

• I did BFL with a friend several years ago and on the last two sets of 12 one person would do both sets without stopping and then the other person would do both sets without stopping (does that make sense?).  I guess we had a little extra time between the set of 6 and the last two sets of 12 but it didn't make any difference that I could tell.  We both had incredible results.

• That sounds about right (what GA Dawg said). I have an "on again / off again" gym buddy. She works retail and I work 9 to 5.

Come visit my blog!

http://fittrac.blogspot.com

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll be right!

• I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you doing the same exercises at the same time? If so, you could work on different muscle groups so as not to have to wait for each other.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• I am not sure I understand either, but I have a hint you may be alternating exercises during the one minute off and now wondering how to do that with no minute off? My gym buddy (who quit too soon and left me in a trance) does the OTHER exercise while I am doing one, and then we alternate. For example, I do the French press for triceps while she does the latpull-down from the position suited for triceps, then we switch.

I hope that answers you?

On another note, I will never ever take a gym buddy again lol

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• this sounds like it will work good.  i agree, i think it's probably better to wait a little while after set 6 and do the last two back to back.  thanks GADawg34

• thanks Ruby4444, i've come to the attitude if he doesn't show, oh well.

• I think it is great that you have a gym buddy to help with motivation to get that last rep in which is sometimes difficult.  I have had no such luck where I go on this aspect yet. Perhaps on the next challenge. The switching off between reps between the two of you should work, although it might sometimes be challenging during peak gym times to do that, I have seen it done at my gym and folks understand the concept.