yell at me, please!!!

• Lead, lead, lead by example.  Very true - the same people who are offering you beer/wings will be begging you to show them how to get started on the challenge when you are done and they look at your pictures.

• One other thing. You are very early on in this challenge. As you progress, and eat super clean, your body will want to go to bed earlier, get better sleep and DING!! wake up earlier. I have NEVER been a morning person. I started waking up at 5:00, 5:30, sometimes 4:30. Crazy! Loved getting some chores done before the little kiddos woke up. You will be shocked at ALL of the changes your body will make. Many of them aren't even the types of changes you are expecting. Kind of a mysterious, exciting surprise! ;-)

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• It's true Renee.  I have gone to bed at 2:30 AM a couple of times and woken up at 8 and felt fine and even energetic.

• thanks, i am looking forward to these changes you speak of! i will feel very alone with my family, friends and bf trying to get me to eat unauthorized foods in the next 12 weeks, so i am so glad i have this forum to go to  :)

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

• My first challenge was completed in 2003 at 44 years of age and had great results. I did not....and to this day do not workout first  thing in the morning on an empty stomach. All my workouts are in the early evening. I think you have to do whatever works best for your schedule and lifestyle. I've done several challenges over the years and alway had great results. The eating and timing of your meals is by far the most important part of the program.....all the best.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• I second this.

• Sorry, i thought it would copy Faithful Renee's response. The earlier i get to bed, the earlier I will naturally wake up refreshed, not groggy. I find that late workouts leave me unable to sleep, but early morning ones leave me energized all day and ready to get to sleep on time to get up early the next morning to do it all again.

Good luck!

• Hey aspiring_champ!  I am also on C1W1D4 so we will progress together  :-)

As far as getting up early, I am usually at the gym by 5:30am and mostly because I like having the evenings free after work and they gym is not as crowded so weights and machines are readily available.  However, there are more days than not (I'm only on day 4 but I've done the program loosely before) where I just don't want to get out of bed and no amount of motivation is going to pull me out and I generally make this decision as my alarm is going off.  So I plan to go after work and rearrange my meals and everything else to fit around it.  I think the important part here, as I'm sure you've already heard, is to just go and make sure you get it doneat a time that works best for you, give it your all, and don't let a skipped am workout get you off track.  I'm glad to hear your eating has been perfect so far.  That's more than half the battle  :-)  For me anyways!  

Good luck!!  :-)

• Jessica:

good job in understanding yourself and setting your goals to work with that.

• jessica

i have had almost the exact same experience as you - doing it loosely in the past, always deciding at 5am when my alarm went off to work out after work!

my gym is the same in the morning in terms of crowding..and i would love to get my workout out of the way first thing so i am going to make an effort to do that. i'm excited to be on the same day as you! it is great to have someone to progress with! thanks

• Therese-   Here is what I would suggest.  First come to grips with yourself if working out in the morning is something you absolutely must do.  If it's not then don't make it a big deal.

But if it is....here is what I do.  "the early bird get's the worm"  and all those other statements, but then what I've learned about the morning people, I witnessed from my dad.  He, in 20 plus years, was never late for work. He got up and was gone by five.  Now later I found out he didn't have to be at work until 9!  But he got to work about 6:30-7:00.  What I've learned from this is that life is easier if you take care of the most important thing to you.

Right now for me my health and well being are the most important thing to me.  Visit a hospital and see how much a one night stay costs.  It's more expensive than the best hotels!  So that motivates me to be as healthy as possible.

So like tonight, I plan on being at the gym by 6am tomorrow which means I'll get up at 5 and unwind, stretch and get ready.  It's easy now to get up at five because by 9 to 11 at night I am in wind down mode.  I've planned my day for tomorrow, I read a book for my last hour before bed and then by 11:30 it's lights out.

My body is already shutting down after 9 and this is what's key.

I get excited to get up and face the challenge.

Don't look to other's to "yell at you"  you are no longer 5 years old.  Look from within yourself to want to do this.  You had your reasons when you started, reread what you wrote.

You'll find it, believe in yourself and smile!

Oh and as for your family, BF, friends etc "trying" to "make you" eat crappy food....just give them a sarcastic reply and say...."well can you just give me the money so I can start paying for my coffin now" that should change their tune.

• hey Marqui D

i appreciate your input! you are right - i am the only person who can wake up and do what i need to do. my health is in face very important to me and that should be enough of a reason to get it! thanks