Workout Review Is Badly Needed. Thanks.

• Hi everyone,

I am still struggling with my eating habits and trying to put that under control. I thought i had my workouts done by the book till I found very conflicting information on here about how the workout is scaled. I completely understand that everyone's 10 is different, and the actual weight used is very personal. That is not the point here at all. I am seeing people altering the way weight is graduated completely that now i am at a loss what is ten and what isn't.

This is a sample of my workouts. I will be very grateful for any feedback from a BFL veteran. Thank you so much in advance.

LBWO

(start with pressure-point stretches with hard foam roller for ten minutes) - I do the weights in kilos but i converted them to pounds

Legg Press:

Level 5 - 12 reps - 88 pounds

Level 6 - 10 reps - 132 pounds

level 7 - 8 reps - 176 pounds

level 8 - 6 reps - 264 pounds

level 9 - 12 reps - 176 pounds

level 10- 12 reps - Leg Curl Machine - 44 pounds

Is this graduation the right one?

Hamstrings: hamstring curl machine

Level 5 - 12 reps - 22 pounds

Level 6 - 10 reps - 33 pounds

level 7 - 8 reps - 55 pounds

level 8 - 6 reps - 66 pounds

level 9 - 12 reps - 55 pounds

level 10- 12 reps - Dead Lift  - 22 pounds (I never get the burning feeling of the high point in my hams, i can't lift any heavier, what am I doing wrong?)

Back - pull down machine - using reverse grip on bar

Level 5 - 12 reps - 46 pounds

Level 6 - 10 reps - 62 pounds

level 7 - 8 reps - 74 pounds

level 8 - 6 reps -  92 pounds(with a lot of strain to finish the last two)

level 9 - 12 reps -  46 pounds

level 10- 12 reps - Wide Grip noreverse  - 26 pounds (do i need to change the machine completely or will wide grip do?)

Calves: Calf raising machine

Level 5 - 12 reps - 74 pounds

Level 6 - 10 reps - 92 pounds

level 7 - 8 reps - 136 pounds

level 8 - 6 reps -  174 pounds

level 9 - 12 reps -  74 pounds

level 10- 12 reps - Standing Raises Using Dumbells  - 66 pounds (I never get the burning feeling of the high point in my hams, i can't lift any heavier, what am I doing wrong?)

This "gradual" system is what I use for my upper body too. Is this system the right one to follow according to BFL? I have seen some people use the max weight on level 10, not 6, and i have seen others use a pyramid of heavy then heavier from level 6 onwards never going light. They achieved good results but this is not exactly by the book.

My other question is about abs. I do exactly what's described in the book, however, I am not feeling any tension whatsoever in my stomach muscles.

My last question is: how come there are no exercises on this program for the stabilizing muscles at the sides and insides of thighs? They are very importatnt to prevent injury to the hips. Will it be alright to add these to this program?

Thanks, everyone.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Hi Ruby4444!

What you are doing looks correct to me.  On this website is says, "...starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps.  Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise."  That's what you've been doing.  I'm going to look in the book and see exactly what is says there but for now this is all I could find for you.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Ok, quick look in the book, I didn't see it written, but on pages 73 and 77, there are sample charts and what you've been doing is exactly what they did on those charts.

• Thanks for the help, Sharon.

• No problem.  I didn't read all the way down. :-)  I see you had a couple of other questions.

When I first started BFL at the weight I was, I didn't feel much in my abs at all.  As I lost the weight I gradually started to feel it.  Keep at it but remember it's what you eat that matters most for your abs.

Regarding your last question, you might want to contact the BFL folks on that one.

• Thanks, Sharon. I have a very long way to go. They ignored the stabilizing muscles because they are small and therefore insignificant for burning calories but they are incredibly important. I will write them about it, anyway.

• Ruby,  

The only thing I noticed was that you seem to be lifting heavy on what you call level 10 of 12 reps.  Thats just me though, as I drop that down to what would have been what you call your level 6.  So for leg press, (me personally) I would lift 132 instead of 176.  But if you can do it with good form and you are seeing progress, and its working, then its working.   Are you hitting muscle failure? on rep 11 or 12?

And by the way, you can leg press 264 pounds?  Damn woman that is impressive.  

•  

i experience muscle failure only in my quads, and my upper body. Otherwise, i am not feeling it anywhere else. i can't lift any heavier than this, so i am not sure what  to do.

Yes, I leg press 264 for now. I think i can add some 10 more pounds in the next week. when I step off the leg press machine, i walk like a baby in diapers. LOL