breaking up workout

• I am having a hard time (particulary with upper body workouts) to fit it all in, in one session.  I am a stay at home mom with 2 small kids, so I work out in the gym basement will they watch a show in the morning, they take them to school, then come back and finish.  So, is it OK to break you work out into increments??

• Flippy - My thought on this... You dont get the full value of the work out if you break it up. If you take longer than 45 min to complete the workout you also dont get the full benefit. Part of the program is to puch your body to fatigue also there is a cardio aspect you get from doing all those weights on all those muscle groups in 45 min. The main idea is to push to the point where you can't do any more.

I have a hard time with this also because I have small children and they dont always do well in the gym daycare for 45 min. With that being said in my opinion doing the workouts in increments on the same day is better than doing them over several days, also it is better than not doing them at all. If you know your only gonna get Pecs, Back, and Bis before you have to stop maybe bump up the weight amount and see if you can reach fatigue faster.

• Flippy-Any way you can get up 30 minutes earlier or get up before the kids get up? I also have a home gym downstairs and I get up at 5 every morning...no distractions at all.

Hope that will work for you because it is important to get it all in at once... :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• It will change the fatigue levels for hitting 10's and point of failure.

You may need to do the exercise session after you drop kids off, or at night.

If none of these work, and you are stuck with splitting the work out, the results will be affected, but, still better then doing nothing at all.

Do not give up.

Do what you need to do for your family.

And, make this happen!

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry