HIIT Walking routine options...anyone have one?

• Actually Saralynn, that was the next thing I was gonna try!!  A trainer at my gym recommended that... and that is what actually got me thinking about doing this as a walking hiit...but I will probably try keeping my speed at the max running without pain and try to increase the incline to get that 9-10 intensity. I will have to play a bit.

The bike... we are the best of friends yet enemies. I want an alternative to the bike because I work so hard I feel like throwing up after. I like other options so I will not resent doing cardio...I like that completely exhausted feeling but I want to challenge myself in other ways too to keep things exciting.

For the bike I use the watts program. I warm up at about 125 watts for the first 2 minutes and currently I increase to 6=150watts, 7=165watts, 8=190watts, and 9=210watts and when I get to the level ten I try to go at 240-250watts for the minute. Every week I try to do better. I can say I ALWAYS hit my 9's and 10's in this workout!!! BRUTAL! And when it isn't as challenging...I up those watts!

• Ideally you would have a cone to jump over, you don't have to.

Deb should be fine cause she won't be doing high speeds like on

Fast sprint . Feel free to try it out!

• Let's just say I'm not the most graceful ballerina in the corps. I'd be tripping on a cone for sure. This might be an alternative if I get snowed in and have to do cardio at home, but for now I think I'll just stick to the treadmill.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Just means you need to do this interval. It will get your heart rate

Up much more. And for a greater workout ditch the pustule and do

The other exercises in the pool.

• Pushups

• Walking won't be enough over the long term.

If hip problems prevent running, sprints, or elliptical, you may want to consider swimming....

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium