1hr after weight training or within 30mins?

• I do my weight training and cardio at 5AM. I get up at 4:45 and get dressed, drink two glasses of water and out the door I go. I lift and cardio on an empty stomach. Doesn't seem to bother me at all. My question is, do I eat in a hour ? or in 30 Min? (if its a shake). Im 6'4" 240lbs and my goal is to get rid of my belly and build muscle and get lean.

The Myoplex shake mix package says to take within 30min of a workout. My friend tells me to wait for 1 hr and max fat burning before eating or drinking a shake. Is there a clear best way?

• After cardio, it's better to wait an hour before eating if you have the time/are able.  After weight training, you should go ahead and eat.  Your body can use both protein and carbs to start the repair and build process for your muscles.

• I second the position the DaveND has spoken.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• reason for waiting an hour for eating after cardio is your body will still try to find energy to keep revving...instead of feeding on a food source, it will go to the fat stores and have that for breakfast! That's what we want.

After the weight workout, you need to feed the muscles a good quality protein to allow for growth.

This challenge I've changed up my menu where I have a Myoplex Lite shake after my weight workouts then my oats and eggs for 2nd meal.

Hope this helps! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks I was confused about this too!

• Me too! Thanks for clearing it up, guys!

Stacy Lynn

• No problem! :) Make that bf pay!!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks for info guys