trainer not impressed w/ bfl

• Michelle, I recently had the same experience. On the last day of my 12 week challenge I went to the gym and asked for a trainer to take my final measurements. The guy I normally use was off for the day. In any case it took about 3 x asking before a trainer would even be interested in helping me. He sat me down ans started ti "interview" me about what my goals were. It then hit me that he could care less about my measurements, all he wanted was to lock me into paying for his services. After realizing this, I told him that I have lost 51 lbs in the last 6 months and he asked me what trainer helped me. When I told him no trainer helped me he said and I quote" You ,mean to tell me that you lost all that weight and toned your body without a trainer"?. Then I told him my only trainer was BFL and my support group. All of you. He would not accept that someone could do it on their own. Pretty arrogant I think. Bottom line is this, unless they are making money, these trainers do not even want  to give you the time of day. I know that there are exceptions to this rule but foir most part it is true. Bottom line for me is this. My support group beside me and my drive is all of you on here, especially, Michelle, BFL MIKE, Liesl, Cathie, Jessica, Miriam, Scott and many many more. BFL is what teamwork is all about. And guess what, nobody has ever asked me for a penny. What a GREAT deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today"

• Ray I would of loved to have been a fly on the wall for that mouth dropping moment. :-)  Good for you!

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• There seems to be a huge push towards using a trainer at my gym.  I go in some days to work out and I feel like the only person in there who is not using a trainer.  (And if any of them are looking at me like I am wasting my time, I can't wait to see them in 8 weeks when I finish this challenge.  That will be quite the payoff!)  I have had the experience many times, of asking questions of the training staff and being stuck getting the sales pitch if I want to hear the answer.  I am also amazed that many of them claim to have never heard of BFL, or they don't show much enthusiasm for it.  But, if you think about it, it would not be in their best interests to send you to such a wonderful FREE source of information that would negate your need for their services!

A friend who works in the daycare at this gym keeps asking me to do a cardio class with her one day.  I have tried telling her that I don't want it to interfere with my 20 minute HIIT days.  Her response: "The trainers here have all told me that cardio is completely useless unless you do it for at least an hour, preferably longer.  Twenty minutes is not going to get you anywhere".

We'll just see about that.  

I'm sure those trainers are helping people, or they would not be getting paid.  But you don't NEED them anymore than you NEED the gym membership to begin with.  BFL can be done in your basement with some dumbbells.  Trainers and gyms are luxuries that can accentuate a fitness program, but they are not a must.  I'll hire someone to hand me the weights and wipe my sweat when I win the lottery.  Or maybe I'll use my BFL prize money!  LOL!