Any Difference in muscle groups?

• Hello All,

I'm just started my Week 5 having a great Upper Body workout today.  I was wondering whether there is a difference in which muscle group we work before or after the other one. For example,  On the "Daily Progress Report" that I downloaded, they have the exercises listed in this order :

CHEST

BACK

SHOULDER

BICEPS

TRICEPS

Now, that's been pretty much what I have been doing last 4 weeks except on 2 occasions when I did SHOULDER first then the BACK and did TRICEPS then BICEPS last.  The BFL book states the exercises in this order :

CHEST

SHOULDERS

BACK

TRICEPS

BICEPS

Which one works your muscles the best or does it really matter?

Sean

• Sean,

The original BFL book lists the upper body workout in the following order:

Chest, Shoulders, Back, Triceps, Biceps

Does it make a difference? I don't know. I do enjoy finishing my workout with biceps though.

Orrin

• You workout the larger muscle first because you use your biceps and triceps while you work these muscles (Chest, shoulder, back). If you workout of your biceps till failure then tried to do a back exercise like the row you would not be able to handle as much weight. I don't know if the order of biceps and triceps being last of second to last matter too much. I prefer doing triceps last since it is the stronger of the two muscles for me.

Bryan

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Thanks for the information...Makes perfect sense!!   I like triceps last myself...

Sean