"Increasing the weight" for abs excercises

• How do you "increase the weight" for abs excercises? I have done abs with a machine at the gym and feel like it doesn't work them as much. I want to do regular ab stuff like different types of crunches but I don't know how to increase the difficulty between sets.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

"You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change."

• You can hold a flat weight plate to your chest.  Med balls work really well also.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Also, a very good way of increasing difficulty is to perform the motions more slowly as you move through your sets.

• You can lay on your back with your feet up in the air, and bring a weight up to them.  You can increase that weight.  You can also leave them up, and use weights to punch side to side from one foot to the other.  I don't always use weight on my abs because I don't want to look too thick in the middle, especially when working obliques.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thank you both! Those are both really helpful! :)

"You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change."