Body Fat Percentage

• Hi S C O J O! I seem to have a different experience with the scale-BF calculations. I'm willing to keep using it if it's just a relative number--you know, even if it's 4% higher or lower than some other means--knowing that if I use it exclusively, each reading will be a measure to compare the other readings to...

...However, that being said, I'm in my 2nd week of my challenge. My original reading was 38% body fat and 36% muscle. My goal was for those to flip flop, for muscle to get above 40, and for body fat to get below 30...(at least in regards to what the scale measures.)

But it's been so frustrating because even though I weigh myself at the same time every morning, the body fat jumps from 38% to 32% to 36% to 34%, and muscle likewise. I just don't think it's accurate.

(Maybe just my scale.)

I'm getting a pair of calipers and am going to go that route.

My first challenge was about 8 years ago (I think), and I found my best indicator as to how I was REALLy doing, was how my clothes were fitting, then eventually falling off--pants getting baggy and going "gangstah" on me. :) :) :)

I still swear by that measurement.

But still--until I get there again, I would like some finer-tool measurement...

for what it's worth,

Laura

Sabotage is not part of the plan.

• Hi kort88, my name is Tamara, and my hubby is a Personal Fitness Trainer. He buys a lot of his fitness equipment at Power Systems. www.powersystems.com They have a range of about 5 different calipers on their webstore site ranging in price from $19.95 to almost $530.00. One in particular caught my attention there called the FatTrack Gold & Myo Tape. It is a hand held digital body fat caliper and measures bodyfat with accuracy to 1mm. It uses the Jackson-Pollack formula and stores up to 3 profiles. The MyoTape takes accurate measurements of all body parts, chest, hips, thighs, waist, calf, etc and it is only $49.95. If this is of interest to you, maybe you can check out their site. Good Luck!