Unplugged

• I tried using an MP3 player in the gym once and totally messed up my workout.  If you have any suggestions, let me know.   Seems to me we have enough to focus on writing in our excercise journals, timing the minute of rest, getting the next set of weights set up, etc.

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• I'm the opposite, I need music to help me focus while in the gym and I definately can't get through cadio without it.

Do you need suggestions for music or something else to help you through your exercises?  There are a couple threads on what people listen to.  Do a search for "eyed" as I don't think that word was used on the threads for anything but the music group Black Eyed Peas. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I;m with Sharon, without my music I totally lose focus. Especially with cardio, the Rocky theme gets me through minute 19 almost every session. Makes me push harder than I thought I ever could. I also tend to listen to some pretty heavy stuff when lifting weights.  For me there is something about heavy metal music that fires my inner self to lift with purpose.

• BCBill,

There's plenty of music blaring in the fitness center already. I love hard rock and metal too, so I listen to it on the way over.  For 30 - 45 minutes of  workout a day is a time for me to focus on my workout and how my body is doing.

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• If I need to really focus, I listen to music without vocals, or find music in a language I don't understand.  I listen to some pretty hard metal in German and have found some catchy beats in French thanks to my wife.