Weight training during TOM?

• Hi there! As you can imagine I ask this because few days before TOM and during TOM I read that many coaches advice that professional athlets women to use lighter weights or even quit weight training and do light fitness in order to prevent any injuries, and I was wondering if anyone experienced this. 

So my question is for women who do Body For Life, do you ever use lighter weights few days before and during TOM, or perhaps do only cardio?

(*TOM=Time Of Month)

• I'm no doctor and don't pretend to play one here but I've never heard this and in all of my BFL time I've never lifted lighter weights or skipped workouts to compensate for it.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I agree with Champster!  Don't listen to that fluff!  Push it even stronger!  Give it all you got and let TOM know you mean business.  TOM will realize ......nothing is going to stop you!

• HI Alexana,

I am speaking from personal experience not from medical point of view.

I have always had horrible TOMs, which sometimes I would even pass out from the pain and low blood pressure

My mother INSISTED when I was younger that i do exercise and lower my carb intake and the cramps will be better, I am not sure how she knew this but she was very knowledgeable with nutrition and exercise.

I never listened to her, as a usual teen :)

Now 10+ years later, going through her stuff I found her old BFL book, and i started it, I am in my 7th week of BFL. Ive had 2 periods and NOT A SINGLE CRAMP (and no medicine for a change!!) :) My Blood pressure was good during those times, and overall i wasn't a blob for those days.  

So yes, get up and go do the exercise!