Starting my 1st challenge on Sunday 7/11/10.....anyone else?

• I'm still here!!!  My visit to the doctor revealed several possibilities for my knees as well as patellar tendonitis.  I've been wearing knee braces and keeping up with all of the exercises I can still do.  Just when I got things going again I got really sick and ended up in the ER yesterday with some internal bleeding partially from a reaction to medication for my knees.  The more that happens, the more determined I am to finish.

I am glad to say I just did my aerobic tonight on the speedbag and bought an elliptical machine I'm setting up for easier workouts on my legs down the road.  I'm looking forward to upper body tomorrow.  All this has slowed my momentum but I still see myself finishing with some great results.

Let's keep it going, we're almost there...

• Elliptical machines are awesome.  I had a great aerobic workout again today on the one I picked up.  Not much time left in the challenge.  Hope everyone is doing well.

• Hey Bryan I am still in.  Did have to miss a week of working out though but did try to stay as close to my meal plans as possible during that time but couldn't always.  First, my daughter had her surgery and then later that week had a family member pass away.  I started working out again this week and boy did it feel great.  It is funny how I actually missed working out.  I think it is actually becoming a big part of my life and I am already anxious to start challenge 2.

Karen

• Hey Brian and Karen,

Glad you are still going at it.

Week 10!

I didn't workout at all week 7 but got back on track and making progress.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Karen, Sorry to hear that.  That's great though that you're looking forward to workouts.  I'm the same way (especially upper body)

Bryan, glad to hear you're back on track.  I can't believe it's already week 10...

• Hi everyone!

I have not posted much lately but still followed your ups and downs. It is very inspirational to see such determination!

Starting week 11 today and I hit the 10lbs weight loss! But really it is my body shaping that amazes me. I am SO HAPPY.

But I have to admit, I find it difficult right now to keep going. Which is funny because you'd think that so close to the end and with such goo results I'd be full on. But I really have to push myself to get the workouts done. For sure, I'll do it until the end (I missed only 1 workout so far... very proud of myself there because I so don't like to work out) but it's going to be challenging.

• Azerty - Way to go one only missing 1 workout. You are so close. What are your post challenge plans?  I have missed about 16 workouts (some of which I just doubled up on another day). So far I have gained 2.5 lbs of muscle and 1.7 lbs of fat (according to my BIA calculator which has a good margin of error) My first challenge I only missed 2 workouts.

Bryan

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

• WEEKS 10, 11 and 12! by BFLMIKE

Many are talking about how hard the last two or three weeks are. The feelings are described as feeling "weak" or "lethargic" or having a "who cares" attitude. 1. Here is what is happening in those last weeks. Fat stores are being consumed, and the body doesn’t run as efficently and happily on fat as it does on blood sugar from high glycemic carbs. Muscle density and volume has increased, and the needs of your body to heat and feed that muscle have increased.

All this takes more energy, and if you don’t put more food in your body, the energy deficit grows, which means you will shrink up more. Muscles are getting fatigued and suffering micro damage from the hard workouts.

Healing is taking a bit longer due to the other things I just mentioned. In other words, folks, you have done a bang up job of working and dieting like a trooper and the last three weeks will be the payoff!

But, it will come with pain and both physical and mental struggles because your body and your mind will fight you to the bitter end to avoid giving up those past significant fat stores!

To win, you don’t need to feel glorious and joyful, or even look that way, but you need to feel and act indestructible and victorious. You are almost there!!

You CAN do this–and the finish line is almost in sight! If you give up now, you’ve wasted the whole 2 months before now! Give it all you have–drink tons of water–take leisurely walks in the light and the cool of the day–and speak and think good thoughts! Don’t focus on YOU, but focus on the new you at the end of these few more weeks!

Hang in there–pray hard–and don’t give up the prize for something incredibly stupid like a package of M & Ms!!

• Thanks Bryan! I guess having never worked out before (except for mandatory sport at school, quite a while ago :), my body is really fighting the change. But the changes are well worth it: I fit in my pre-first-pregnancy clothes!!

After this challenge, I plan to start a second one, but not after a well-deserved break! (probably a couple weeks). I did follow the rules but probably could have been more strict on food (I have 2 kids and refused to prepare different meals, and I would not have gone through 12 weeks on poultry only) so there's still some more work that can be done. We are having a family Christmas this year and I will just blow them away ;)

• You are welcome.

WEEK 12!

• I guess the last day isn't over yet, but I'm excited to hear.  Who all finished the challenge?

I missed out on about a week worth of workouts total thanks to medical issues and an ER trip.  I did however get right back on as soon as I was able and it feels great.  I'm so glad I did.  I know I lost a little momentum and end results from it but I plan to make it up by continuing the program.

Anyway, It's been great talking and getting encouragement from everyone and I'll get my wife to take some after pic's so I can post them up.

• Brian428,

I too missed a week, Week 7. I posted my results here bodyforlife.com/.../2547.aspx

I look forward to seeing your after pics. It is nice to have someone who did the challenge at the same time.

Bryan L

• BryanL,

Your pic's and info look great.  You've really transformed.  I just got some pictures on my profile.  It's hard to see the difference in them that I feel now thanks to the program, but I've noticed a huge change in every aspect of my life.  I'm taking a few days off this week for a break then It's back to the program starting Monday.

• Brian428,

I can see a great difference. You look leaner and you have a more developed chest. Congrats on completing the challenge. Good luck on your second challenge.

Bryan

• Thanks, I can't wait to get started.