Singing in the Rain!

• No, I'm not Gene Kelly, doing that "singing in the rain" stuff for my cardio! By the way, did you know that the "rain" in that scene of Gene Kelly dancing in the rain was actually milk because rain didn't show up well enough on the film?

Where was I? Oh yeah--George and I "walked" in the rain this morning, and it was an exhilarating experience--really!  There's nothing inviting about the prospect of getting out of your warm bed to go take a 20 minute walk in the rain when it's barely above freezing outside, but that's exactly what we did. And the result was exhilaration for both of us!  Here's what I thought about during that walk.

While listening to the "Brain Science Podcast," I realize that there is much more philosophy than science in that podcast and that the difference between them is that the science is at least measurable and understandable. After listening to philosopher Dr. Thomas Metzinger babble on for about 45 minutes while struggling to describe why it is that he thinks we have consciousness limited to one world only, I think I have a clearer understanding not of philosophy but of the scripture that says, "their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools...."

• Great post! Thanks Mike!

Hugs

Sylvia Bortman

2006 BFL Grand Champion Women's 50+

• Mike I understand completely.

• Greetings to all on this Labor Day holiday!

I have a question about resistance training.  Is there a good reason for finishing all the lifting and squatting and such in 46 minutes?  I don't care for the rushing!

Thank you.  Have a great BFL kinda week!

Mary