I want a bike! HELP

• Hi Therese Anne

I came across these websites and thought you might be interested.

www.rentabikenow.com

"The site lists rentals in hundreds of cities and offers roadside assistance and free bad-weather cancellations."

And:

www.traillink.com

This site helps the rider avoid cars by "identifying bike paths in their area"

Have fun!

Karen

• Armywife - That second link is awesome to have. A bike trail or path is great to ride on, considering that most have a distance that you are at.

In other news, concerning bikes, my stepson's bicycle got stolen last night. We reported it to the police, but I don't have much hope in recovering it.

Some people are just ....well, a word I won't repeat in polite company. :)

• armywife - thanks for the link! what a great website. i live near a couple of their locations and will try them out!

Nightgryphon - sorry to hear about your stepson's bike. :(

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

• Hi, I am a long distance cyclist.  I suggest just getting a basic all terrain bike.  You can pick one up for about 350.00....it needs to have at least 10 to 12 gears.  The reason is once you start riding.....you won't want to stop....you will love it!

• hey redhdsandra

thanks for the suggestion. i think i will love it too. I am looking forward to the post where i actually get a bike!

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.