Gym Machines

• What gym machines can I use to achieve the upper body exercises for body for life instead of using dumbells, free weights or bars?

• Hi Taushadoll

Do you mind me asking why you cant use the free weights as these are the best option for all round stability?

Sian x

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• i have a set of 40lbs dumbells but i hate using the gym weights cause the BIG BRAWLY guys hog them all....

• I understand where your coming from I had this at my gym but then i thought to myself am I going to do this or make another set of excuses and so the next time I went in found the weight i wanted and just asked if the guy had finished and you know what he was so sweet and asked if i needed a spot.

Now having been going for a while i know a few of the guys and their actually not scary at all just a new group of people your not used to interacting with.

See what happens, you never know. Alternatively you could try going at an off peak time say early morning. Free weights really are the best option as much as possible as they train lots of other muscles in conjuction with the one your targeting.

Sian x

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• Hi Taushadoll.. I also have problems using freeweight at the gym. At my place, no ladies ever touch those dumbell, and the trainers keep bugging me for trying other "saver' machines. maybe he afraid I hit my own head on dumbell-bench press, cause I'm so awkward to handle those dumbells especially on the 6th rep. ..:)  

is it ok just to use the machine called the chest-press, just to subtitute the bench-press-exercise?

• There are machines that mimic all of the free weights bench press angled bench press etc. I prefer the free weights but so far only go off peak times like later at night when its not so crowded.  Also, those guys are hogging the heavy weights, NOT the 10-25LB dumbells LOL