In Need of Major Help - Gym Routine

• Hi,

I'm a newbie here, had the book for ages and love the plan, although never stuck to it!  My problem is this...

I am 33 years old and have had to have a partial shoulder replacement, basically meaning my humeral head in my shoulder is now metal.  It limits movement a little.  The main problem I have is I am not allowed to put stress through the shoulder joing socket.  As it is metal rubbing against bone, the more pressure put on the joint means the bone will wear faster and a full replacement sooner rather than later :(.  I have been advised for eg on bench press a maximum of 20kgs.

I really want to be able to build chest / shoulders etc but am struggling for routine.  Can someone with excersize / training background help me design a programme?

All help really really appreciated.

Thanks

• probably the best thing to do is take the routine you want (the BFL routine) to a physical therapist or personal trainer and work with them to make sure you're doing all you can do without doing damage to your body. they may have some ideas of how you can tweak certain exercises to make it better for your body.