Food List question

• Why are strawberries the only berry on the list are blue/black bad for you? I've read Bfl is there a more in debt explanation of the food list anywhere. Is the book with meals in it for after your challenge only?

• Kristen,

I'm not sure of a more detailed list but you should look at the BFL book more as a guideline than a list.  Keep it simple, 1 carb, 1 protein, 2 veggies each day.  Try to stay away from known bad carbs such as sugar and white flour, keep to whole wheat whenever possible.  As far as protein stick to low fat like egg whites, chicken, turkey, lean beef.  Have fun with it, look for alternatives.  The main reason I like BFL is because it's fairly simple yet VERY effective.  I hope this helped.

Best of luck on your journey!

Chuck

• Mustbcj is correct. There is a plethora of good foods out there. If you try to stick to "the list" you will get bored quickly and soon fall off track. I don't know why it is so difficult for so many people to see past "the list." It is only a there as an example. By no means is it saying you are limited to those foods.

Do as Mustbcj said and be creative, having fun with your eating along the way.

Good luck!

• Thank you both very much. So many people say follow the book, follow the book that I was trying to do so exactly lol. but it did seem a lil odd. I'm happy to have all my fruits back!

• KristinLaw ~

There are a ton of other items that aren't on the list that are great options. However, during a strict challenge I stick to the list. The reason is that there are a lot of fruits that have a high glycemic index and can also trigger sugar cravings. There are proteins that are super high in fat grams. There are carbs that are high in fat or sugar also. If you don't know what those are it's tough to get superior results.

The challenge was set up as simple as possible. The hope was that folks would research nutritional value of foods and learn to understand the ingredients. Challenge yourself to researching the nutritional value of foods. It is truly a valuable learning experience. I have been able to expand my meal planning considerably by broadening my understanding.

Great questions! Keep asking. You're doing fabulous!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)