New things and fun experiments:

• Here are some new things I will be trying this next month food wise.

Cauliflower based "grain" products; i.e. tortillas, pizza crust, pasta, etc.  It is where you replace the flour or grain with cauliflower instead....I have tried the pizza crust before and it was super yummy.

black coffee.....it has been years since I drank it black (I used to only drink it that way, but then I found coffeemate creamers - ugh).

different types of green smoothies and detox waters (detox waters are water infused with lemon, mint, roses, etc....herbs that enhance your immune system).

What food things will you (or have you) try during this time in order to change your way of food thinking.

Remember....food is fuel.  It is a necessity, not a pleasure.  if you can change your mindset to remember and think that about food you can change your life.

• What do you all think of this recipe?:

Baked protein oatmeal:

2 cups (175 grams) old fashioned rolled oats

1/3 cup (70 grams) packed light brown sugar  - could eliminate all together for BFL friendly

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 tablespoon grated orange zest

1 teaspoon Chinese five spice (you can substitute cinnamon)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup (55 grams) walnuts, chopped

1 cup (125 grams) sliced strawberries

2 cups (473 ml) skim milk

1 large egg

3 tablespoons butter, melted

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 ripe banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slices

2 scoops vanilla whey protein

I am adding the vanilla whey protein in and eliminating the sugar all together.  And will serve with turkey sausage :)

Does that sound right?  What other things could I do to make it more BFL friendly?

• Solith: I would save that one for free day.  It would be difficult to near impossible to adjust enough to make it BFL friendly.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I agree. That recipe does sound Heavenly, though. Yum! It sounds like something a little more closely related to the Eating for Life style meals, well...minus the butter and brown sugar most likely. Hubs and I have decided that our 'free meals' on Sundays will be made straight from the Eating for Life book. Knowing my limits, resorting to junk or sinfully rich foods on free day isn't something I am able to partake of in moderation. I'm a food addict and greatly benefit from a more structured 'free day'. :D