Vegan meals?

• Hi all! I was wondering if anyone had any recipes or tips for Vegans participating in the program. I am having a tough time keeping my carbs and proteins at 40% while keeping my fats at 20%. Any tips are appreciated! Thanks!

• Did you end up finding anything? I am veggie, but am still trying to balance everything and could use some help. :)

• Hi Xiola,

I found these links, some on this site, some away - hope you get some ideas

bodyforlife.com/.../3784.aspx

bodyforlife.com/.../399.aspx

www.skwigg.com/id58.html

www.ehow.com/how_2301784_do-body-life-diet-as.html

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Since 1st January I was following a plan called The Calorie Myth by Johnathan Bailor where you eat up to 10 cups of veggies a day which I found practically impossible I would say I was making it about 5.  Am I now right in thinking on BFL it is just 1 cup of veggies twice a day = 2 cups a day??  Would that be raw or cooked because if it is spinach a whole bag cooks down to practically nothing.  thank you

Focus on how far you have come, not about how far you have to go.

• Howdy BB, my understanding is you need to have a cup of cooked with a minimum of two of the six meals a day, but you could have one with every meal if you weren't having shakes for convenience sakes.... Just keep in mind BFL "vegies" doesn't include pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, corn, fruit etc (green beans not on original vege list, but are in the Champions book as a vege) and a few others I can remember just now...  (called carbs...)

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• This may be helpful for any Vegans.... Just be mindful of the "BFL CARBS" and the fats though.....

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• What?  No carrots!!  :O

• Hi Barb, my bad... always thought carrots were considered a carb, but checked the original book and the champions book and they are a vege... learn something everyday! lol!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Yeah just read the food list on here not only can you have carrots but you can have spuds and pumpkin too!!  Check it out on here.  Maybe you are getting mixed up with Atkins lol.   Last year I did about 6 different diets so my head is spinning with it all, I don't know if I am Arthur or Martha (Aussie saying I believe :D)

• Barb, I'm not confused mate... of course you can have potato and pumpkin, but they are carbs in BFL, just like fruit is!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Oh yeah Debs sorry I was having a blonde moment!!

I think I need to get the original book out and read it again - I am fine with the exercise but the food is a whole different matter.  I am REALLY struggling here eating six times a day and don't manage that most days, now I see I am only supposed to have 30g of protein per meal..............hhmmmmmm

I think that doing so many diets last year ESPECIALLY fasting has changed how I eat and think, looks like it's time for a refresher course.