Pretty healthy, easy, delicious Chicken Shoarma

• Hi all, I wanted to add this.  Anything with chicken, salad and a creamy sauce is a-ok with me. 

this is good.  I could probably cut down the fat content a bit but I don’t want to yet, this is too yummy.  The recipe is this:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-shawarma-10000001816368/

Basically what we have here is some chicken marinated in a bit of olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings, placed on a salad of green leaf lettuce, baby spinach, cucumber, tomato and fat-free feta cheese.  I drizzle a tiny bit of good seasonings salad dressing, made with apple cider vinegar and a bit of olive oil.

That little plop of creamy goodness on top is Tahini sauce!!  OMG I love it.  I make mine with fat-free Greek yoghurt, 2 cloves of finely minced garlic, a good tablespoon or two of lemon juice and two heaping spoonfulls of Tahini paste, which is a paste made of sesame seeds.  Don’t let the fat content throw you -  Tahini paste if full of goodness.  Not only does it pack calcium, magnesium and Vitamin B, but most of the fat is Omega 3 and Omega 6, which is brain food. 

You can find Tahini paste in most any grocery – in mine, it’s in the International aisle and called Tahene, and is imported from Israel.  It’s not cheap but seems to last for a long while.  If cultures that are thousands of years old like Tahini, it’s good enough for me.

I like to stir it all up and cram as much as I can into that little half a whole-wheat pita. What’s not to love? 

• This looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"