What Did/Will You Eat Today?

• I'm curious to see what everyone eats throughout the day. Post below what you ate (or plan on eating) at each meal if you'd like, maybe we can all get some ideas to switch up our diets :)

Also, what's your favorite BFL meal that you never get tired of?

Meal #1 - Cream-of-Wheat with added protein powder

Meal #2 - 1 plain Chobani greek yogurt + a small orange

Meal #3 - 1 Tofurky link + ~1 cup of steamed broccoli

Meal #4 - Myoplex Lite strawberry shake

Meal #5 - tunafish + chickpeas + spinach

Meal #6 - 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese + a few strawberries

Check out my blog! LivingOnMacros.wordpress.com

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• This is how my usual day goes... I can never get enough Cottage cheese w/ blackberries, and my salmon salad!!! :)

Meal #1: Myoplex Advantedge Carb Control Protein Bar

Meal #2: Portion of Fat Free Cottage Cheese, and portion of blackberries

Meal #3: Spinach and Kale lettuce blend (from farmers market) w/ salmon, and 2 baby red potatoes.

Meal #4: Can of water packed tuna & Apple

GYM! (Training for my first 5K 4x+ per week, plus I'm doing weight training the BFL way 3x a week)

Meal #5: Protein Shake (after gym) Myoplex Lite Chocolate.

Meal #6: Portion of fish or chicken (cooked in lemon olive oil for my fat content), Asparagus, Brown Rice.

I want to start switching out my cottage cheese for greek yogurt at some point. Greek yogurt is the BEST! :)

• The cottage cheese protein pancakes are absolutely my favorite BFL meal! 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1/3 cup organic quick oats, 2 egg whites, cinnamon and a few frozen blueberries. Fried up in a cast-iron skillet. I always make it whenever I have time to sit down to a slow breakfast. I will usually pair it with 2 or 3 ounces of Honeysuckle White 99% ground turkey breast with some rubbed sage added for a proper sausage flavor. Really hits the spot.

I love Tofurky links and cottage cheese with blackberries too! Good stuff.

No day for me is the same, but here is what I had/am having today:

Meal #1 - Think Thin Creamy Peanut Butter Protein bar, black coffee, multivitamins

Meal #2 - Fage Total 2% Plain Greek Yogurt + 12 blueberries

Meal #3 - 4 oz of Boar's Head low-sodium roast beef on locally baked sunflower whole wheat bread (no sugar or refiners added to the bread) with yellow mustard, fresh tomato and romaine lettuce, + 2 small carrots, flax oil and glucosamine chondroitin msm tablets

Meal #4 - Protein shake with 2 scoops EAS Vanilla protein powder, 4 frozen strawberries, 3 slices frozen peaches, cold water, some steamed spinach leaves

Meal #5 - 4 oz roasted fresh pork tenderloin, baked sweet potato with salt, olive oil, roasted garlic and thyme (best seasoning ever!), steamed broccoli and sugar snap peas, iced decaf unsweet tea, , flax oil and glucosamine chondroitin msm tablets

Meal #6 - 1/2 cup low-fat organic cottage cheese with 1/4 cup fresh blackberries

• This is a typical day's menu for me

Meal #1  1 cup Shredded Wheat with 1 cup skim milk

Meal #2  1 cup 1% cottage cheese with a 6oz lowfat fruit yogurt

Meal #3  Salad (romaine, spinach, tomatoes, onions, cucs, bell peppers) with 1 tbs olive oil and fresh lemon, 1 cup of grapes or an apple and a 6 oz grilled chicken breast

Meal #4  1/4 cup nuts (almonds, peanuts or pistachios), string chz and a banana or ! cup strawberries

Meal # 5  6 oz grilled flank steak, baked sweet potato fries, and 1 cup grilled asparagus

Meal # 6  5 egg white/1 whole egg omlet, 1 cup steamed broccoli and an orange

I know meal #1 and #4 are higher on the carb side, however Iv'e used this meal plan successfully and finished my 1st challenge with a 34.5lb fat loss!!!  

• My days all tend to be quite different from each other, due to numerous factors. The main one is I work 4-1/2 hours from home and rent a room to stay in during the week; my wife packs leftovers for me to bring down which makes up about half my meals. I also have to vary protein sources (Eastern Orthodox abstain from meat and dairy on most Wednesdays and Fridays, plus during four annual fasting seasons, though on some of those days fish is allowed). Here's my most recent day:

THURSDAY

Lower body workout 4:05-4:45

Meal #1 (5:30) - EAS Soy Protein shake in milk (used 2%; switching to skim next week)

Meal #2 (8:30) - Turkey meatloaf w/ potatoes (leftovers from home)

Meal #3 (11:15) - Chicken breast w/ potatoes & mixed veggies (leftovers from home)

Meal #4 (1:45) - EAS Soy Protein shake in milk

Meal #5 (4:30) - Mixed chicken w/ potatoes & peas (leftovers from home)

Meal #6 (7:30) - Seapak salmon patty, an orange and milk

A couple of those are probably higher fat than optimal, but so far things seem to be working - my belly already measures 3/4 inch smaller than before I started, and this is only my first week!

• Hi Everyone:  I've read all your daily eating plans, and you have all given me something new to try.  I am not supplementing yet but I do take Vit D, B12,E and a fatburner .  This is my tipical day:

My workout is completed at 7 a.m. and by 8:15 I'm hungry

Meal #1--8:15 a.m.--3 egg whites, 1/2 c oatmeal,green beans or broccoli, and 2 c water

Meal #2--11:15 a.m.--2oz. lean lunch meat, 2 w.w. bread blob of mustard, cucumbers and tomatoes, 2c water

Meal#3--2:00 p.m.--apple, 1 percent cottage cheese, 2c water

Meal#4--5:00 p.m.--chicken, salmon,or beef--Steamed! broccoli or green beans or carrots, baked potatoe or w.w. pasta with 1 tbsp. of canola or olive oil and lots of garlic, 2 c water

Meal #5--8:00 p.m. 1 percent cottage cheese, 100 grams of yoghurt--No water or I'm up all night!

10-water, 5 carbs, 5 protein.

It's rare that I get the 6th meal in-I'm usually sleeping by then! Isn't this Fun!!! I'm getting leaner!!--- Your Ontario Buddy!

• On my 2nd week of early morning workouts - done by 6am!

Breakfast - greek yogurt & fruit and whole wheat toast

Snack - protein bar/shake

Lunch - grilled chicken salad - today I split it - too big!

Snack - other half of salad

Dinner -  Shrimp Boil - small pot & corn on the cob

Snack -  greek yogurt & fruit

I was eating 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast, but switched about week 8.

Quick Fruit Salad recipe

lemon flavored fat-free yogurt (8oz)

diced red apple

diced green apple

2 celery sticks

1/4 walnuts & pecans

sliced grapes

sliced strawberries (4 large)

I didn't measure the fruit, but I made this for my kids & it was very close to being on our BFL plan (flavored yogurt).  I have left overs & I don't know if the apples turned, but hopefully we can have the other half tonight.  I am guessing that any flavor of yogurt would work - it was just what I had & it was close to be tossed!

Tonja