Sugarless Gum & other questions

• I'm a few weeks into my challenge and I feel my stomach looks puffier than ever and I'm up a couple of pounds.  I've been trying to stick to the plan (please critique my meal plan below)....I'm also chewing a lot of sugarless gum  when I really want to eat or it is not time yet or I'm done and still want something else...so 2 things...1.  Can  someone give me feed back on my meal plan and 2.  Is a lot of gum chewing a problem (probably 10-15 pieces or orbit a day) -

5:00 am - water and workout

6:30 am - GNC prot powder (3g carbs, 20g prot) w/almond milk, 1c berries (blue, black or rasberries), half caff coffee with milk

9:30 a.m. - 5 hard boiled egg whites, 1/3 c of oatmeal made with water, water

12:00 - Large salad  with 7 grilled shrimp or egg whites or zero carb isopure drink, 1-2 TBS Kens Lite Northern Italian dressing, sweet potato or 100 calorie bag of pop secret popcorn

3:00 - GNC prot powder w/almond milk, 1c berries (blue, black or rasberries), half caff coffee with milk

5:30 - Omlette (3 egg white, 1 egg, 1 oz lf mozzarella), veggies sauteed in cooking spray, sweet potatoe or 1/3c oatmeal OR  6 oz grilled tuna steak, veggies, sw. pot OR Tilapia w/ 1/2 C marianara sauce, 1/2 C chickpeas and broccoli

8:00 - Powercrunch bar - decaf tea

Water all day long

• Sugarless gums are often made with sugar alcohols which can cause bloating. 10-15 pieces of gum is a lot per day, in my opinion. Just as with everything else, try to chew gum in moderation (I'd say no more than 1-2 pieces per day, or try to go somedays without). You may feel less "puffy" if you are not putting all those sugar alcohols into your body. The rest of your diet looks pretty good. You may want to find another option for your last meal though. Often power bars can be high in carbs and sugar. You really want your last meal to feed your muscles overnight, so something with casein protein would be a good choice (ie. a casein protein smoothie or cottage cheese).

Good luck!