Veggie questions!

• Hey guys!

I did BFL at the beginning of 2010 and got into the best shape of my life. Needless to say, I met my current boyfriend shortly after and put on some love weight. Anyways, I'm back on the BFL again! My question is, I have been doing the diet exactly, but this week I just quit smoking and I AM SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME! So instead of bad snacking, I have been eating veggies all day long. This wont effect my BFL diet, will it? I will have my breakfast, then shake 2 hours later, then veggie sticks an hour later, then another meal, etc.!

Thanks!

Mitch

• First off, congratulations on quitting smoking!  Even if you notice a little increase, please don't start smoking again to offset the appetite.  The effects of quitting on your long-term health prognosis far outweighs a pound here or there, which you can easily get rid of a little later, after the withdrawals are down.  As long as you have low carb veggies, I wouldn't imagine you would have a big impact.  I know a lot of artificial sweeteners aren't encouraged, but we do use them in recipes, and they are in the shakes. Have you tried some sugar free hard candy with more water, as well?  

Either way, stay strong and be proud of yourself for making so many changes at once!

• i'm pretty sure you burn more calories then you take in eating celery - so go for that!

• Wow!!  You're making some great choices!  But it's so hard when your body has so much going on all at once.  I make a veggie soup that's really good-

low sodium chicken broth

cabbage- lots of it

onion

celery

carrots

green beans

a can of chopped tomatoes with basil

chop it all- throw it in a big pat and leave it there for a while, stirring every now and then.  It's so easy!

Then if you get hungry have a bowl of this soup with a whole wheat small roll or piece of bread.

If you want to have it count as a meal, just add chicken to the soup.  

Drinking water helps cut hunger too.

Imagine how healthy you'll be in 12 weeks!?!?

Keep up the great work!

:)

• When I quit smoking, I stocked up on baby carrots. There is a higher water content in them so I liked them better. I go kind of crazy with lettuce and baby spinach when my hunger gets out of control. Low calories and in my previous diet on Nutrisystem they were a free food so I developed a habit of eating lots of them.

• I used "extra suger free gum" now i have a new habbit GUM :) its good only 5 cal's a stick and your breath smells winter fresh :)

• from what I understand, you can't go wrong with low fat veggies.... go for it! Congrats and good luck!

• Eat veggies to your hearts content. The calories are minimal and the fibre is good for you. Congrats on quiting smoking!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Mitch, I am no expert but think youi are ok.  Like me, yoiu have already completed the challenge and are just using BFL because you know without question - it works.  As for the quitting smoking, I just quit myself and am having the same issues eventhough taking Chantex.  By the way - could you enlighten me how to start a new thread.  I am quite the cook and love to come up with great tasting recipes that meet the BFL criteria and would like to share this information.

Ralph