Amount of Carbs and Fat per meal

• Hi all

I know it's 1g of proteing per pound of weight, so in m case it's around the 23g per meal I have to aim for.  (starting weight 138#)

My question relates to carbs, should this also be around the same amount?  And fat, I seem to have very little fat in my diet, good or bad.  Just wondered what a ballpark figure is to use as a guide?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Pam

Kia Kaha - Be Strong

• If you are just getting started and weigh 138# you want to create a bit of a deficit, so for you I would try and get to the 20 protein, 20 carbs point.    

I think that is one of the biggest misconceptions.  It's not one size fits all.  For example if I weighed 188# and wanted to lose down to 130# I would not drop down to 130 grams for the day because that is too big a deficit too quickly and could force a slow down in metabolism.  I would drop from 188 to 150 to 130, strategically as the losses continued.

I would limit the processed carbs, ie ww pastas and breads.  Stick with ground grown carbs like sweet potato and red potato.  Fruits as well, natural carbs.

Everyone needs healthy fat.  I recommend avocado and olive oil.  Just 1/4 avocado per day or a tablespoon of olive oil on your salad.

I hope this helps.  Don't overthink it.  Start out with 20/20 and see if that amount will satisfy your hunger for 2.5 to 3 hours.  Only then do you want to take it up again.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory