Delicious Protein Smoothies and Shakes!!!

• I ♥ you.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Michelle - I  <3 you too :)

Susan Berna

2010 Body-for-LIFE Grand Master Champion

• Mango Tango Smoothie:

8 oz. diet Sunkist orange soda

1/2 Cup ripe Mango (I use frozen mango chunks)

1/2 Cup fresh or frozen Pineapple

1 scoop EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder in Vanilla

ice

Blend and enjoy!

This is what the frozen mango looks like that I get at the grocery store in the freezer section (and the pineapple I use is the same brand as well.) Target and WalMart have their own store brands too):

I use frozen mango and pineapple because I know it's going to be perfectly ripe!  Sometimes, at least where I live, it's hard to find ripe mango and pineapple much of the year.

This is what the diet Sunkist Orange Soda looks like:

Susan Berna

• Just a side note - some of these recipes may call for unsweetened coconut milk.  Whatever you do, don't use coconut oil !  And make sure your coconut milk says "Unsweetened"!!!!!!

Susan Berna

• You are amazing and these recipes are too!!  Thanks so much for posting these!  I'm three weeks into my first BFL challenge and I have fallen in love with making nutrition shakes.  

• Great thread. I'll have to try making shakes with diet soda sometime.

Personally I love making shakes with vanilla protein powder, canned pumpkin (60-100g), unsweetened soy milk and some spices. Canned pumpkin is also great stirred into cottage cheese. Yum.

• Amypem - thank you!!  I  love the shakes and smoothies too; it helps curb my sweet tooth and adds variety in my meal plans!

unicycle -   that sounds great!  I have a pumpkin pie shake recipe here somewhere I made in the fall...let me go look for it.  Oh and your idea on mixing pumpkin into cottage cheese is genious :)

Susan Berna

• Okay this is the one I made in the Fall for my husband:

Pumkin Pie Protein Shake:

8 oz. Skim Milk, (or Soy Milk, or unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)

1 1/2 TB. canned Pumpkin Pie Filling

1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract

1 scoop EAS 100% Vanilla Whey Protein Powder

Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste - add a couple of dashes at a time and see what tastes best to you)

Ice

Blend and enjoy!

Susan Berna

• Strawberry Cheesecake Shake:

4 oz. Skim Milk (or Soy Milk)

4 oz. water

2 TB Jell-O sugar-free, fat-free Cheesecake Pudding Mix

1 C. Unsweetened Strawberries

1 Scoop EAS 100% Vanilla Whey Protein Powder

Ice

Blend and Enjoy!

***If it's "free day", you can crumble up a couple of graham crackers and sprinkle on top - yum!***

Also, if you don't have the cheesecake pudding mix - low-fat or non-fat cottage cheese works beautifully.  Just substitute a few tablespoons of the cottage cheese for the pudding mix!

Susan Berna

• Nice goin!

Do you drink these in place of Myoplex??

• Hi Kitty33 - I drink Myoplex too :)  I just go by whatever I am in the mood for.  Speaking of Myoplex, I usually blend my Vanilla Myoplex with Orange flavored Crystal Light; it's SO yummy!

Susan Berna

• I bought some almond milk to try for the first time and i LOVE it. However, I just noticed that I bought the regular kind and not the unsweetened. Is it ok to drink?

• alchemistress - it's delicious isn't it?  I usually buy the unsweetened to save about 25 calories per cup but don't worry!  Go ahead and use your regular!  Then next time you are out you can look for the unsweetened (if you want to).  Actually,  the regular almond milk is still less calories per cup than skim milk!

Susan Berna

• Tropicana Breeze: (my newest favorite!)

8 oz. Clear American brand Tropical Sparkling Water (available at WalMart or Sam's)

1/2 Banana

1/2 Cup Frozen (or fresh) Unsweetened Pineapple (I have also used Mango and it works well in this recipe too)

1 scoop EAS Vanilla 100% Whey Protein Powder

Dash of Coconut Extract (optional)

Ice

Blend and Enjoy!!!

Here is what the Tropical flavored Sparkling Water looks like:

Susan Berna

• Hi Susan:

This may be really personal, but how many calories do you eat a day?  I had my body fat tested with a trainer and we talked a few minutes about what I'm working towards and he said my calorie count is too low.  Even eating 5 - 6 meals a day and getting 100 - 120 grams of protein and the same for carbs I'm only eating around 1200 calories.  He says I need 1600+.  What's your opinion?  I'm eating really clean foods which seem to end up being rather low calorie.  HELP!  (ps...love your smoothies)

P