Phosphogen and other supplements

• Hi there,

I'm starting BFL for the 2nd time and I'm a little nervous about all the supplements. Do people think they are safe? 

What would people recommend for women with a goal of getting lean?

• Reload (formerly known as Betagen) is definitely the choice for women.   If you have any questions or concerns, the folks at EAS will gladly answer any questions you have. I've taken Reload/Betagen off and on for 3 years now.  Just make sure you keep your water intake up.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I suggest trying to do it without the aide of supplements and see how you do.  If you feel you need to add later, then go for it.  I think as long as you have a good protein powder for after workouts, the other stuff probably isn't necessary.  It depends on your goals.  I, personally, do not want to rely on any form of supplementation to look a certain way for the rest of my life.  I have continued to drop body fat and gain lean muscle since the completion of my challenge, with zero supplementation; just good hard work at the gym and a good clean diet.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I agree with BDMom. You really don't need the supplements if your goal is to lean and tone. I started out taking Reload but it gave me horrible, painful cystic acne that cleared as soon as I quit taking it. I was still able to make consistent strength and muscle gains without it...and got to save my money to by the new clothes I need now that everything is to big on me!