BREAD

• You can purchase the original book off of Amazon.com, if you pull up body for life and click on used there are some for $.01 plus $3.99 shipping for a whopping total of $4.00.  I just ordered one for my brother the other day.  Also, I love sweet potatoes, so I cook a whole mess of them on Sunday at 350 for 45min-1hour and eat them all week.  My kids even like them for a snack!  I buy mine at Trader Joes because they are smaller,  one serving size each versus like 3 in those huge potatoes.

• I wouldn't go with more than two or three servings of whole grains a day, and do fruit with the rest. Make sure your bread is 100% whole grain. Read to see what the serving size is. Three sandwiches a day sounds like a lot. Make one whole one, and split it, I say, bc these are "mini meals" and the portions should be small. I agree w/ champmaster; bread is not the greatest carb.

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• thanks everyone for the great info! Hanzelka - i actually already did what JillC suggested and got a used copy of the original book on Amazon for 4 bucks....i appreciate you offering that book to me though!

yes, i will be cutting the bread back. thanks everyone.

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.