Question about Protein?

• I am very new to the whole nutrition side of things and was wondering if adding in extra Protein like the BFL meal plans suggest will really help me starting out? You see I am about 5' 11" and weigh in at about 400 lbs, so I am starting with a lot of body fat as you can tell. So I guess my concern is, if  I have that much fat at the begining and take in more protein could this have an adverse effect? I am guessing that with the constant workouts this will probably not even be a concern, I am more curious about the initial few weeks when I am getting started and building up to more intense workouts.

Also, if any one has examples of some good meal plans that would be helpful as well.

• There are some great meal plans under the library tab at the top of the page. Also a shopping list.

IMO the BFL diet plan is designed to help everyone. I don't see how it would have an adverse effect, unless you have special needs for another underlying health problem, such as diabetes. Have you spoken with your doctor about the program? He/she might have some insights for you.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Yes Saralynn is right,

If I were in your position I would seriously bring the book to your doctor and get advise. He/She should be able to get you started in the right direction. This may entail regular visits to your doctor. After all they are there to help. Get a clean Bill of Health before starting please. You are about to embark on one of the biggest challenges of your life. This is going to be so rewarding for keep in touch let us know what's going on we are all here to help each other in our own way including you.

Claude