And on today's menu we have...

• First day done. Loved what I ate today, I thought I'd share it!

Greek Scramble with feta/Dr. Kracker

Chocolate/Blueberry Smoothie

Three Bean and Turkey Chili

Chocolate/Banana Smoothie

Lean Roast beef, with braised carrots, celery and new potato

Vanilla Yogurt

Yum!!!

• I am thinking ginger, scallion, chicken stir fry over brown rice for tomorrow night. Anyone else have any good menu ideas? No reason for the main six days to be boring!

• I simmered small diced raw chicken breast in a homemade lowfat Tex-Mex red chili sauce.  Made a side of plain macaroni pasta.  Put fist sized portion of macaroni in a bowl and ladled the chicken chili over the macaroni.  Was spicy, awesome and hit the spot on this cold night.

• Yum CajunMamma!

Spicy does hit the spot doesn't it! I used to think Mexican had to be cheese enchiladas with greasy rice and fatty re-fried bean paste. I learned to shift to chicken or fish with spicy tomato broths and a dash of avocado and lo fat sour cream. Its all in the seasoning!

Do you have a recipe for making shrimp creole in a lighter way?

Karen

• Looks great - just one observation: is the yogurt for meal six low-fat or Greek yogurt? Low-fat yogurt is considered a carb rather than a protein and you would need another protein source to round out the meal, such as cottage cheese blended in.

Otherwise keep up the good work. I'm thinking stew for tonight because it is frigid here.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Hi Karen!

Spice is the spice of life, I always say... LOL!  For some reason, when I have shrimp on hand, I'm making something else with it, so I don't have a handy recipe for Shrimp Creole.  It's really nothing more than making a spaghetti sauce from scratch, but instead of using the Italian seasonings, you use Cajun and Creole spices.  Would saute chopped onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic in olive oil first, until soft.  Add a can of tomato paste and a large can of whole tomatoes with juice, crushing each tomato with your hand into the pot.  Add salt, cayenne pepper to taste and black pepper to taste, or instead add some Creole seasoning.  You can then add some onion powder and garlic powder, a little thyme and a couple of bay leaves to it.  Let it simmer for at least 30 - 45 minutes and check for seasoning.  After that, add from 1 to 2 pounds of peeled shrimp to it (they will release some liquid, so if your sauce is too thick, the shrimp will thin it out just right.  Slow simmer for about 5 minutes until the shrimp are just cooked.  Chop some flat leaf Italian parsley and stir that in just before serving or sprinkle it on top after it's plated.   Serve with rice.  Will make about 8 servings.  

• I made Chicken Chili last night in honor of our blizzard...yumm! I am marinating a chicken breast for either my lunch or dinner tonight, with which I will serve with brown rice and a vegetable or salad.

Leggs

• Have had a cold all week and no energy.  BUT in my freezer I found leftover chicken, tiny portions of risotto, and throwing that into a bowl with frozen veggies and chicken broth.  SOUP!  I'm so excited to warm it up and breathe it in, then eat it!  I don't have the energy to make anything else :(

• Hi Saralynn

Good point! Yes, greek is much higher in protein. I have used it in dips and also with garlic, cucumber and dill as a "mayo" for grilled chicken in a wrap. I don't tend to like the texture eating it straight though (too creamy for me), so mine was a non fat vanilla. To be honest, at that point I wasn't sure I could get a sixth meal in. It was probably more like a dessert for my fifth meal, which altogether rounded out pretty well.

Thanks for commenting and enjoy that stew! Sounds terrific.

Karen

• WOW CajunMamma!

That recipe sounds fantastic. Never thought of Creole sause as spaghetti sauce with different seasonings, but that makes perfect sense! Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to post the recipe. I will be sure to try it this week.

Thanks so much!

Karen

• Just made a great lunch!

Sauteed shrimp, garlic, olive oil, pepper, cannellini beans and wilted spinach

Awesome!

Karen

• wow all this food ideas is making me drool.... thanks ladies :-)

• Nice first day! I love the fact that you can really mold this program into such great days of good meals.

My big thing now is kale chips: Wash kale, coat with olive oil and S&P, bake in the oven @ 400 for 8 minutes. GREAT alternative to potato chips.

Also big faves around my house: Honey soy ginger marinated broiled salmon, lime and jalapeƱo roasted chicken, pork tenderloin roasted with apples and onions, chicken breasts stuffed with sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts, polenta cakes with basil pesto (sans cheese) and tomato slices, ground bison and mango burgers, marinated sirloin steak skewers, arugula salad with walnuts and beets and homemade raspberry vinaigrette.

I'll definitely be watching this thread!

• Beets! Love roasted beets! Oh my, mwseahorse, that all sounds fabulous. Pork Tenderloin is so awesome with apples and onions.

Let's see, what yummy can I add: how about South African bobotie??? I just found a WW recipe for it online. It's "meatloaf" African style. I had it in Africa over 20 years ago. I plan to make it with 93/7 gound beef and have it with brown rice and a cucumber relish.

Karen